PDSC BBQ Meal Night
Saturday 24th March 2018
Click Here for more details. Tickets now onsale
We would like to introduce you all to our new performance coaching program. Perth Dinghy Sailing clubs own SKiff Academy
It started as the brain child of Brad Devine with input and contributions from all levels of experience around the club. After many workshops we derived the ingredients on how a dinghy club performance coaching program should be run. The program not only helps to further the skills of our junior and intermediate sailors but to engage with all our senior members in fostering and imparting their years of knowledge to the betterment of our youth and our club. Although the program is in its infancy, with the right experience, leadership, feedback and guidance, we will develop our youth of today to be the champions of tomorrow.
- The Flag Officers and management committee are committed to maintaining PDSC’s position as one of Australia’s premier skiff clubs.
- In an increasingly competitive environment, the Skiff Academy is an important initiative for attracting and retaining young sailors at PDSC.
- The purpose of the Skiff Academy is to support all our sailors reach their potential.
- The Skiff Academy will offer coaching by our senior skiff sailors, including national champions, who have volunteered their time and knowledge. Invited specialist guest coaches will also deliver sessions at times throughout the season.
- In addition to on-water coaching each Saturday morning, sailors will be offered mid-week fitness training and other technical seminars over the season.
- Although initially focussed on our junior and intermediate classes, the Skiff Academy welcomes sailors of all ages and abilities