An initiative, supported by the BWF, to provide an additional incentive to players to support events in the region and to provide the best players in the region with some additional support to attend international events or training camps. Find out more here.
World Badminton Coaching Course launches
The five one week modules cover a wide range of topics and aims to develop competencies in both badminton and sports science.
All the necessary preparation regarding the program, scheduling of courses, designing the syllabus and signing up of the experts has been completed. An expert workshop seminar held prior to the AGM in Jakarta mid May worked on the final adjustments to the program, and suggestions from that group have been incorporated.
The BWF is inviting coaches from around the world to consider this new opportunity and be part of the inaugural course starting in November. The deadline for applications is Friday 27 June 2008.
Course Dates Course Locations
1. Sofia (Bulgaria) 3-7 November 2008 BWF Development Training Center
2. Milton Keynes (England) 9-13 March 2009 Week after All England / Badminton England Centre
3. Hong Kong 1-5 June 2009 Hong Kong Badminton Centre / HKG Institute of Sport
4. Hyderabad (India) 24-28 August 2009 Badminton India Training Centre
5. Saarbrucken (Germany) 2-6 November 2009 BWF High Performance Training Center
2008/2009 Course - 200 Hour Coach Education Package
The first week of the inaugural Certificated Coach Education Program will be from 3 – 7 November 2008 and will be hosted at the National Sport Academy in Sofia, Bulgaria. Through this program, the BWF intends to provide an opportunity for coaches to acquire competencies in both badminton and sports science and is setting up a comprehensive and credible, international high level coach development program. The program encompasses both academic and practical components in Sport Science, sport specific Exercise Theory, Applied Theory and Hands-on-Practical sessions - in class-room, on-court and off-court.
There are five key modules delivered over a total of 200 hours in five separate weeks in 5 attractive locations spread over Asia and Europe. The content will be delivered by internationally renowned coaches, practitioners in badminton and academicians.
The course topics are badminton specific and represent the actual standard of international play with the focus on Make a Champion and their performance competencies by integrating knowledge, skills, attitude and experience of the winning training philosophies and coaching experiences from both Asia and Europe.
The program is guided by the four cornerstones of a Contemporary Coaching Approach which are: athlete centered - coach driven - evidence oriented and competency based.
Here is the most important information regarding this Program on the BWF website:
- General Overview – Coach Education Program <http://www.internationalbadminton.org/coach_edu.html>
- General Overview of the Certificated Coach Education Courses <http://www.internationalbadminton.org/certified_course.html>
Download the details of the Certificated Coach Education program below:
- Course 1 Information <http://www.internationalbadminton.org/BWF_Certificated_Coach_Education_Information_-__April_08_FINAL.doc> <http://www.internationalbadminton.org/BWF_Certificated_Coach_Education_Information_-__April_08_FINAL.doc>
- Course 1 Application Form <http://www.internationalbadminton.org/BWF_Certificated_Course_Application_Form_-_April_08.doc>
Interested? Please read the above Course 1 information and apply by sending in your application form.
Don’t miss the deadlines!
Need more information? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org