- Sail by the rules
- Never argue with an official. If you disagree, approach the official after the race
- Control your temper. Verbal abuse of officials and sledging other competitors, deliberately distracting or provoking an opponent are not acceptable behaviours.
- Work equally hard for yourself and your skipper/crew. Your boats performance will benefit.
- Treat all participants in your sport as you like to be treated. Do not bully or take unfair advantage of another competitor.
- Cooperate with officials and other competitors. Without them there would be no competition.
- Participate for your own enjoyment and benefit, not just to please parents.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of all competitors regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.
- Respect and consider the property of other competitors. Act responsibly and take care in the vicinity of all boats and equipment.
(Extract, 2005, Junior Sport, Codes of Behaviour, Australian Sport Commission)