Boat Storage Rules
Paid up financial member. (for junior sailors, both the sailor and one parent or guardian shall be financial)
Participation in Club activities (eg; elected class official, Rescue Craft Volunteer)
Completion of Boatshed Storage Application Form - (available on club website or Sailing Office)
Sailing activity; the boat must sail in at least 75% of scheduled club racing for its Class.
- Flying Eleven
- Cherub (with Crews under 25)
- 16ft Skiff
The storage of any other vessel is not permitted at any time.
5. Boats will be allocated a specific rack. Boat owners must use the rack allocated to them to store their boat. On application, members can nominate which rack they prefer, however this does not guarantee approval of the rack space. Certain racks may be over-subscribed. In this instance, allocations will be as per the Eligibility criteria (as noted above).
6. Boats allocated a space in the Boat Shed shall display a Boatshed sticker which will be provided for the boat and mast.
7. Any boat stored in the Club's storage area which does not compete in 75% of Club Races or does not start in five (5) consecutive races or constantly fails to start without the owner submitting sufficient reason in writing to the Sailing Coordinator may automatically be removed from the storage area after a notice has been posted to the owner's address as shown on the Club's records.
8. The Club reserves the right to move a boat to any other location within the boundaries of the storage shed either temporarily or permanently without consultation with the owner.
9. In the event of a boat changing ownership, the new owner will not have any claim on the accommodation.
10. A current owner intending to obtain a new boat may retain his right to storage space, provided a new Boatshed Application Form is completed.
11. Boats who hold storage space in the Boatshed and do not meet the 75% participation requirement (from scheduled races held during the previous season for its class) are required to re-apply for storage space.
12. Boats and or equipment must not be stored outside the allocated storage space. The Club may dispose of boats or equipment left outside the allocated storage space as it sees fit.
13. The owner must keep the storage space allocated to them clean and tidy.
14. No boats are to be stored in the Boatshed corridor sections.
15. Fire Exits and Fire Fighting Equipment must be kept clear at all times.
16. If a boat owner who has been notified that they are in breach of the Rules by the Sailing Coordinator, fails to remove their boat, the Club may give the owner written notice requiring the removal of the non-compliant boat. Any notice will be posted to the owner's address as shown on the Club's records. If not removed within the time specified, Bl6ftSC may have the boat transported to the address shown on the Club's records, at the owners expense and at their risk as to any loss or damage. Failure to pay these expenses will be deemed conduct unbecoming a member and the said member will be subject to a Board Citation hearing.