League Minutes & Reports
Minutes of AGM Part 2 - 2nd February 2011
Hume Football League Inc
Minutes of Annual General Meeting Part 2 held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 2nd February commencing at 7.35pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary/Treasurer), Lindsay Norman, Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary), Christine Biar (Assistant Treasurer)
Jeanette Smith (Billabong Crows), Chris Beale and Brendan O’Connor (Brock/Burrum), Terry Mardling and Chris Collins (CDHBU), Trevor Smith and Andrew Godde (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Steven Bunyan (Holbrook), Dennis Dominick and Steve Leatham (Howlong), Mark Lynch (Jindera), Craig Fletcher and Phillip Bouffler (Lockhart), Ted Miller (Murray Magpies), Ian Howard (Osborne), Ian Kreutzberger (Rand Walbundrie), Dalton Wegener (Walla), Paul Habel (NSW/ACT AFL)
Merv welcomed Andrew Godde, Terry Mardling, new President of CDHBU, Chris Beale and Philip Bouffler.
Minutes Minutes of the Annual General Meeting Part 2 of 3rd February 2010 were confirmed on the motion of Barry Malone and Dennis Dominick. CARRIED
Business Arising from AGM Part 1 28th October 2010
- Coleambally settling well in Farrer Football League
- Scoreboard attendants
- Interleague – discussed in General Business
Notice of Motion 1
From Lockhart Football Club that ‘Under 14 and Under 17 competition change to Under 13 and Under 16 competition.’ Moved Craig Fletcher, seconded Dennis Dominick.
- Difficult to change this year
- 16 year old enough to move into 2nds (Howlong)
- Changed a few years ago, some kids struggled and was changed back (Osborne)
- Albury don’t have Under 17 which is a plus for us (Merv)
- Too big a jump from Auskick to Under 14, kids going into Wagga to play footy (Lockhart)
- Stay same as is, good kids will play seniors anyway (Brock Burrum)
Voted by Clubs 11 – 2, Motion defeated.
- Discussion took place re the formation of a Management Committee
- A proposal in draft form was circulated by email
- Committee would consist of President, Vice President, Secretary and five appointed people
- Hume is the only League without this and Merv would be disappointed if this didn’t go ahead
- Terry Mardling stated that in the Coreen League a Management Committee saved Clubs a lot of time when problems were solved quickly, the biggest fear is that not all Clubs have representation
Moved Dennis Dominick, seconded Ian Kreutzberger that we form a Hume Football League Management Committee in 2011. 12 for, 1 against CARRIED
- Names for nominations in and voted on at League Launch
- Not all Clubs will have a nomination
- Target young blokes so one or two on Committee
- Ballot paper suggested
Moved Terry Mardling, seconded Craig Fletcher that nominations reach Barry by 16th February with outline of person nominated. Barry to email all Clubs and vote on at Launch. CARRIED
Change title of Assistant Treasurer
Barry does not do anything financial as it is all done by Christine Biar. Moved Trevor Smith, seconded Ian Howard that Christine Biar’s title of Assistant Treasurer is changed to Treasurer. CARRIED
- Riverina Regional Report - (AFL)
- Survey - re. rep. football ( Paul Habel)
- O. & M. Draw 2011 - Tom O'Connor
- REDTXT & Hume AFLI - partnership summary (Russell Morris)
- NSW Easygrants (Paul Habel)
- Lev. 1 coaching application - Wodonga 27th Feb. - Jeff Chandler
- Preferred Suppliers (Paul Habel)
- Talented Player Program - nomination forms - U.16's ( Danny Stevens - AFL)
- Re. Umpiring Programs - Paul Habel & Luke Olsen.
- AFL Umpire Coaching Conference - Docklands - (Paul Habel)
- Billabong Crows - re. over-age player.
- Henty F.C. - re. coaching requirements for Auskick. (answer from Paul Habel)
- Charity Shield - March 26th - Maher Oval Wagga - Howlong V CAKFNC (Shane Buchanan)
- Community Club Website (Paul Habel)
- Rand-Walbundrie Tigers - notice of motion re. residency and By Law 17(7).
- Brock-Burrum Saints - re. slight change to jumper.
- CDHBU - re, sponsor's logo on front of jumper.
- Billabong Crows - home game allocation 2011
- Brock- Burrum - home games 2011
- Sponsorship - Southern Ag & Grain & the Hume League (Melissa Winson - Wagga)
- AFL (NSW/ACT) Affiliates Forum - Wagga - 12th-13th Feb. Rukles Club (Paul Habel)
- Sports Trainers Courses – (Paul Habel & Fran Jones)
- Funding Success - Community AFL re. facilities in NSW (Paul Habel)
- Lockhart FC. - re. draws. (Discussed in General Business)
- Child Protection Information (Paul Habel)
- To Paul Habel re. Rep Football.
- to Clubs-
- Player Points Assessment sheet - Liz Lane.
- Management Committee Proposal - Merv Wegener
- Draws and voting details.
- Voting Details re. Residency Clause (PP Assessment).
Correspondence Discussed (Marked with)
- Redtxt – not much interest from Clubs. Merv to find out whether Clubs can do themselves or only as a whole league·
- Rand Walbundrie motion that the removal of the residency clause in total from the HFL player points assessment procedure, Moved Ian Kreutzberger, seconded Mark Lynch. Voted by email. CARRIED
- Rand Walbundrie motion player points assessment procedure, pertaining to per By Law 17(7), point reduction guidelines remain the same as previous years. Voted by email CARRIED
- Billabong Crows – Alex Brooks over-age player in Under 17’s. Moved Jeanette Smith, seconded Brendan O’Connor CARRIED
- Southern Ag Grain – sponsorship for $3000. Moved Ian Kreutzberger, seconded Trevor Smith that we accept sponsorship from Southern Ag Grain. CARRIED
Merv gave a verbal report.
NEUB – Last six weeks NEUB has had three meetings. A few changes with Luke Olsen unable to go into Albury as VCFL. Jason Dudenas now Chairman of Board. Plan to be presented to all Leagues where everyone can be involved. Possibly at Launch. Finances of NEUB are not good enough, umpires being paid haphazard. New administrator appointed and will be finalised next Wednesday. Neil Murray is helping out with training and will bill League each week and umpires will be paid on time, which should be an improvement this year. Some improvement in numbers, but still a real issue.
Launch – Compulsory meeting with all coaches with discussion on:
- Junior program
- Responsibility towards umpires
- Code of conduct
- Dale Gleeson prepared to come
- Suggestion of Coach’s night with guest speaker
Christine presented her two page report and a detailed Annual Report was tabled.
Balance as at 2nd February 2011
Bank Balance $38505.43
Term Deposit $19292.06
IBD $50000.00 (comes back in March)
Moved Christine Biar, seconded Stephen Bunyan that report be accepted and outstanding accounts be paid. CARRIED
Merv thanked Christine for all her work during the year.
Moved Dennis Dominick, seconded ………… that admission fees increase to $10 with pensioners $5 and school children Free i.e. $10 General Admission, $5 for Pensioners and School children Free. CARRIED
Honorary Investigations Officer and Tribunal
David Koschitzke and Merv working on. Moved Ian Kreutzberger, seconded Stephen Bunyan that Max Urquhart and team be approached for 2011. CARRIED
V Tallangatta League at Lavington Panthers Oval on Friday 10th June.
Senior Coach Dale Smith keen to do again, and would fit around his coaching of Wodonga Raiders 2nds, with Marc Almond as Assistant, with power to add.
Under 17’s Andrew Schmetzer to be approached again
Under 14’s Jason Webster to be approached again
Moved Dennis Dominick, seconded Phil Morrison that coaches be approached for interleague 2011. CARRIED
Sunday 6th March 11am at Culcairn Clubrooms. Secretaries and Coaches are encouraged to attend. Clubs to collect annual match day requirements and pay dues at launch. Please let Trevor Smith know how many coming.
Lockhart Football Club circulated an email with regard to draw and wishing to change their match V Rand Walbundrie in Round 17 to Round 4. This has been agreed to by Rand Walbundrie. President of LAFC, Craig Fletcher spoke about a motion passed at AGM Part 1, where the draw as to have been a seeded draw with top 6 teams to play each other twice. LAFC was disappointed that this did not happen and also that vote conducted by email. They would prefer to discuss face to face. Suggested that the draw should be done by AFL or someone experience in draws. Need to make sure it’s a seeded draw. Moved Craig Fletcher, seconded Phil Morrison, that any future decision making on a draw should be facilitated by a face to face meeting. 12 for, 1 against CARRIED
Merv informed meeting Peter Lee would like a ‘Beyond Blue’ Round.
Rule 12 4C
Moved Chris Beale, seconded Dennis Dominick that Rule 12 4C be amended to add Assistant Secretary and Treasurer as required. CARRIED
Report from Paul Habel
- Umpires situation re Albury
- Coaching course in Wagga Sunday 6th March
- Meeting with Executive prior to Christmas where we discussed Generic By-Laws, Affiliation Agreement, Club Licence agreements and Area Agreement with Under 17’s
- Insurance information includes loss of income cover for match payments
- Levies - $1170 for Senior and $195 for junior teams with $27 per team for Clubs that are considered one club scenarios
- Affiliates Forum in Wagga 12th and 13th February
- Child Protection information has been sent out
- Meeting with Hume League Trainers Association who would like a link to the website. AFL NSW/ACT will support courses through subsidy to participants
Steve Leatham throw challenge to other Clubs to re donating blood. Howlong footballers donated blood in Albury recently and received good publicity.
Road Safety evening
Jindera Football Club are holding a Road Safety evening on Thursday 24th March. Other Clubs are invited to attend. Invitation to be circulated through Barry.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.45pm
Minutes of AGM Part 1 - 27th October 2010
Hume Football League Inc
Minutes of AGM Part 1 held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 27th October 2010 commencing at 7pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary), Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary), Christine Biar (Assistant Treasurer), Brendan O’Connor (Brock/Burrum), John Daniher (Billabong Crows), Chris Collins and Paul Phibbs (CDHBU), Shane Mannes and Chris Noack (Coleambally), Trevor Smith and Gordon Finlayson (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Stephen Bunyan (Holbrook) Ted Miller (Murray Magpies), Ian Howard (Osborne), Darren Smallwood and Craig Fletcher (Lockhart), Ian Kreutzberger (RWT), Mark Lynch and Trevor Freeman (Jindera), Dalton Wegener (Walla), Dennis Dominick and Steve Leatham (Howlong)
Apologies Chris Beale (BrockBurrum) and Lindsay Norman (Publicity Officer)
President Merv opened the meeting with a welcome to everybody.
Minutes of AGM Part 1 of 28th October 2009 were read and confirmed. Moved Phil Morison, seconded Dennis Dominick CARRIED
Business Arising from Minutes of Director’s Meeting of 18th September 2010
· NAB Rising Star – up and running and very successful. Will start from Round 1 2011
1) Albury Umpires League – invitation to dinner.
2) Michael Bower – Healthfocus Physiotherapy survey.
3) Paul Habel – Quality League Management Framework.
4) From Henty & Culcairn Clubs re. draw in 2011
5) Paul Habel – umpires fee structure.
6) Rebecca McGowan - AFL Talent Identification.
7) John O’Donohue – reply re. permit agreement with Picola & Murray Leagues.
8) Ben Vile – letter of thanks.
9) Coleambally – permission to leave League.
10) Lockhart – re. draw and N. of M for AGM Pt. (2).
11) Murray Magpies request to wait until O & M draw for games at Lavington P.O
12) Billabong Crows – No U14 permits with Murray League still waiting on reply from Picola League
1) To Clubs - Rule 4 . membership.
2) To Clubs - Information re. Appreciation Dinner.
3) To Clubs – wrap up of finals.
4) To Clubs – Coleambally’s decision to seek entry into the Farrer League.
5) To Clubs – Plan for Season 2011.
Coleambally’s move to Farrer League
Merv invited Shane Mannes (newly elected President of Coleambally) to speak about the reasons for moving leagues. Shane informed the meeting that player recruiting and retention was behind the move. They recruit players from the Leeton, Griffith, Narrandera and Wagga areas and with their local centre being Wagga rather than Albury, it was hard to attract and retain players. Coleambally Club also appreciate everything done by the Hume League.
Merv responded by expressing that whilst travel had been negative at first, all teams enjoyed the hospitality shown by Coleambally and he wished them well for the future. Ian Kreutzberger wished Coleambally well and hoped things work out well.
Moved Steve Leatham, seconded Trevor Smith that permission be granted for Coleambally to leave the Hume League on the proviso that they be accepted into the Farrer League. CARRIED
Read by Merv (copy attached). Moved Merv Wegener, seconded Bert Haynes that the report as presented be received. CARRIED
Bert congratulated Merv on another great year.
Cheque Account Balance as at 26th October 2010 - $103,461.43 Term Deposit - $19,292.06. A full report will be presented at AGM Part 2. Approximately $26,000 to come from cheque account in next month. $50,000 to be invested in Term Deposit for 210 days at 6.1%. Moved Christine Biar, seconded Phil Morison that report as presented be accepted and any outstanding accounts be paid. CARRIED
Merv thanked Christine for all her work.
Election of Executive for Season 2011
Vice President, Bert Haynes, occupied the chair and thanked the executive for their work throughout 2010.
President Merv Wegener – nominated by Dennis Dominick. Elected
Vice President Bert Haynes – nominated by Phil Morison. Elected
Secretary/Treasurer Barry Malone – nominated by Trevor Freeman. Elected
Assistant Secretary Liz Lane – nominated by Barry Malone. Elected
Assistant Treasurer Christine Biar – nominated by Barry Malone. Elected
Publicity Officer Lindsay Norman – nominated by Phil Morison. Elected.
Media Officer Shane Norman – nominated by Paul Phipps. Elected
Final Series Review
· Scoreboard – attendants need to be improved and scoreboards raised from ground. Scores of previous games on scoreboard. Suggestion of mobile phone/two way radio to contact attendants when score is wrong.
· Timekeeper’s box needs to be bigger
· Shed for radio broadcast from Tallangatta League
· Change of game to Walla – did not meet with 100% agreeance but had to be done as ground and netball courts at Jindera were not suitable. Thanks to all who supported the move. Caterers (some) were not impressed.
· Note of thanks to Walla Club for helping out as much as they did and continued to do all day.
· Plan ‘B’ needed especially for Saturday/Sunday games
· Lockhart expressed thanks to Brendan I’Anson and Walbundrie grounds crew for help with Grand Final. Everything went very well for GF.
Composition of League for 2011
· 13 team competition – 18 games (9 home/9 away) with two byes each plus Easter and Long Weekend in June
· Top six played each other twice in 2010 with three teams playing for wooden spoon.
· Do Clubs want a seeded draw (as in 2010), random draw or rolling draw (starts 2011 and continues into 2012)
· Murray Magpies waiting for O & M draw for home games. Ted to meet with Albury City Council next week.
· Barry to email draw proforma to all Clubs so they can have a go.
· Moved Phil Morison, seconded John Daniher that we have a seeded draw.
· Amendment: Moved Trevor Freeman that seeded draw but try and stagger top teams playing each other in row, seconded Trevor Smith. Motion voted on and was defeated 7 – 4. Therefore Amendment is now motion.
2011 Interleague – V Tallangatta League. Tallangatta is keen and hoping to play at Lavington on Friday night of long weekend. Moved Trevor Smith, seconded Dennis Dominick that we play Tallangatta League on long weekend in June.
Launch – Moved Trevor Smith, seconded Dalton Wegener that Hume League launch for Season 2011 be held at Culcairn on Sunday 6th March 2010 at 11 am. CARRIED
Notice of Motion – from Lockhart Football Club that ‘Under 14 and Under 17 competition change to Under 13 and Under 16 competition.’ Discussion took place re changing ages as Lockhart feels the transition from Auskick to Under 13’s would be better. They have lost families to Wagga Juniors because of this. It is the responsibility of umpires to look after kids when playing in Seconds. Most clubs experiencing a decline in number of Under 17 players.
Phil Morison – Under 17 protects kids who aren’t ready to play senior footy. If kids are good enough at 17 to play senior footy they can play 1sts.
Bert Haynes – Too big gap from U17 to seconds, too many kids are lost to footy.
Trevor Freeman – Under 17 fills in between Albury Under 16 and Under 18 comps.
Steve Leatham – Howlong feels Under 17 is too old, and would prefer Under 16.
Clubs are asked to discuss at committee level and bring back to AGM Part 2.
Report from Paul Habel (NSW/ACT AFL)
· Quality Club – two clubs passed. More incentive to get more money for the League. Directors take back to Clubs to have a go at before the end of the year.
· Volunteer Awards – Club volunteers of the year and League volunteer of the year awarded at Presentation Night.
· Congratulations to all Clubs and executives and all volunteers and League executive on a job well done for 2010.
· Affiliates conference - in Wagga February 12th and 13th.
· Interleague footy – review to be undertaken
· Affiliates Agreements – all clubs are reminded that NSW/ACT AFL Logos should be on guernsies and AFL preferred suppliers are recommended to purchase guernsies from.
Merv would like a Management Committee for the league. Every league has it bar us. 5 – 7 people to discuss issues instead of by email, and make recommendations or decisions on certain issues. Meet in between League meetings, maybe every six weeks. Share the workload. Merv to put something in writing and Barry to circulate and discuss at AGM Part 2.
Albury Hub – O & M, Tallangatta, AWJFL, Upper Murray and NEUB Admin in one place. Succession plan for the League.
AGM Part 2 Wednesday 2nd February 2011 at Walla Hotel at 7.30pm.
Merv wished everyone a Merry Christmas and the meeting closed at 9.05pm.
Wednesday, 2nd February 2011 - AGM Part 2, at Walla Hotel at 7.30pm.
Sunday, 6th March 20101 – Hume League Season 2011 Launch at Culcairn at 11 am
Minutes of Directors Meeting - 18th August 2010
MINUTES OF DIRECTORS MEETING - WALLA HOTEL - 18/08/10
Present:Steve Koschitzke (Brock-Burrum), John Doyle (Bill. Crows ); Paul Phibbs & Chris Collins ( CDHBU); Phil Price ( Coleambally),Trevor Smith (Culcairn) Phil Takle (Henty); Steven Bunyan ( Holbrook), Steve Leatham & Dennis Dominic (Howlong); Mark Lynch & Chris Muller (Jindera); Brian Hunter (Lockhart); Ted Miller (Murray Magpies); Peter Sharp (Osborne) Brendan I'Anson & Snow McMaster (Rand-Walbundrie), Dalton Wegener (Walla)
Merv Wegener, Bert Haynes, Christine Biar & Barry Malone ( Hume League) Paul Habel & Geoff Chandler (AFL -NSW/ACT)
Guests : Fran Jones & Simone Alexander (Hume League Trainers Assoc.)
Apol.: Liz Lane.
The Minutes of the previous DM ( 16/06/10) were read and confirmed on a motion of S. Bunyan sec. B Hunter. carried.
NAB Rsing Star Award - up and running - sponsored by National Australian Bank , through Lindsay Miller, Albury.Weekly winners to receive a NAB bag and polo shirt at the Preliminary Final and overall winner a "cash-handout" at the Presentation Dinner.
Umpire Escorts Plan. Some umpires don't wait until escorts have arrived - more important when coming off ground at half-time and full-time.
Electronic Scoreboard - appears to be too costly at present.
Shane Norman - Website Stats; Draws featuring Coleambally.
Dale Gleeson - Finals Umpires.
Lindsay Miller - re. details for NAB Rising Star Awards.
Paul Habel - reply to Sporty Smith (Bill. Crows ); Temporary Transfers; Changes to associations regulations ( Dep't of Fair Trading ); to Clubs re. Quality Club assessments.
AFL NSW - NSW Counrtry Team for National C-ships.
Luke Olsen re. Umpire Courses - the following have successfully completed the course - Steven Richardson (Henty); Andrew Dickens, Walter Paech , Stephen Rouch & Daniel Vetisch (Walla); Stephen Cheng & Max Nicholson (Culcairn); Brian Leiscke & Ian Ellis (Rand-Walbundrie).
Intercity security (Albury ) quote for security - $5,183.20
NSW Gov. SIC Insurance - $5,112.36
Brock-Burrum re. an over age player in 2011.
Hume League Trainers Assoc. Finals Check List; Minutes of meeting; List of Qualified Trainers in the League.
Corowa Police ( Andrew Robertson ) - Police presence at G.F. - $1,738.00
Rows-a -loos - for G.F. - $1,705.00
Henty Community Club - Dinner quote - $27.00 per head.
Morundah Publican -congratulating Henty on their behaviour.
Josh Jones (Holbrook) - thank you note for sponsorship.
Billabong Crows - re. an Interchange Agreement with Murray & Picola Leagues ( Junior Players ) in 2011.
To Clubs - re. finals programs & volunteer awards, ; re. Club Umpires Meeting; re. Club Umpire Accreditation at Walla & Urana; re. phone deatils of Club Umpires for finals.
( NOTE: Only three Clubs have replied)
To Coleambally - congratulations to Justin Buchanan on his 300th Semior game.
To Billabong Crows - letter from League President re. his actions over an incident in the U.17's Howlong V Buillabong Crows.; fine for playing an unregistered Seniors player.
To Luke Olsen - re. payments to NEUB Umpires & Club Umpires.
TO GWS team re. someone at our G.F.
To Darren Kimpton re. over age player in 2011.
To Clubs re. financial ststus.
President Merv submitted a verbal report.
Approach to Howlong U. 17's team - support from Club, Coaches and Senior Players. Team placed on a probation for remainder of Season.
Code of Conduct - applies to all concerned - spectators, players, coaches officials etc.
Club Umpires - two well attended accreditation nights at Walla & Urana. recent meeting some 38 attending from our Clubs plus 5 from Albury Umpires.
A thank you to those Club Umpires for being available for Senior games in recent weeks.
Senior games umpires for finals - moved S Bunyan sec. P. Price that we request three umpires from NEUB. carried.
Trainers - all Clubs now have at least one accredited trainer - good work.
Attended a "Work Safe" game at Corryong - guest wasTerry Daniher.
In 2011 AFL Grand Final back to first week in Oct. League will have to adjust accordingly.
Hopefully both OAK and 2 AY broadcasting the Grand Final.
Report from the Trainers Association.
Fran Jones (President ) & Simone Alexander (Secretary) Thank you to League & Directors for their support - both financially and morally.
The Association now has a 100% Club coverage - qualified trainers must be physically present at all games.
Clubs need to continue recruiting - aim to achieve a Level 1 and experience.
Level 1 course in October ( 10th & 17 th at Walbundrie )
Taping courses etc an on-going matter. First Aid to be completed before Level 1.
Protect your trainers - get them qualified and look after them .
For Finals - all Clubs must have a qualified trainer present during all games - League has a list of qualified people on a Club by Club basis.
Motion moved Dennis Dominic sec. Peter Sharp that the Level 1 qualified trainer or someone with higher qualifications should be the first person to attend the injured player and assistants can then follow onto the field.Carried
Christine presented a written report showing a credit balance of $78,325.78 ( Cheque Acc. - $39,091.37, S16 - $20,589.10, Term Deposit - $18,645.31 )
Moved C Biar sec. D Dominic that the report be accepted and any accounts be passed for payment. carried.
Admission prices for finals - moved B Hunter sec. T Miller that for 2010 the following gate prices be adopted - $10 ( concession of $6 ) G.F $12 with concession of $8. G.F. program -$2.Weekend passes for first two weeks of finals - $15 and concession of $9.carried.
Alcohol Prices - moved T Smith sec. J Doyle - Heavy & Mid-Strength Beer - $3.50, Light Beer - $3.00 , Mixed Drinks - $7. carried.
Security, Rows-a-loosand Police all O.K.
Red Cross will be at all finals for crowd convenience - $150 per day - as they are volunteers catering Clubs to provide free food/drink.
Officials - will be circulated early each week by e-mail - Clubs to notify those concerned.
For first weekend - U. 14's competing Clubs to provide time keepers, goal umpire and two boundary umpires ( suitably attired). Rand-Walbundrie supply time keepers for U.17's - time keepers for Reserves & Seniors on a Club by Club basis - boundary and goal umpires and all Central Umpires selected by League. ( apart form Seniors games centrals).
For all finals - coaches in the boxes - all others well back from the boundary ( interchange in the box ). A special interchnage area will be marked and an interchange steward will be appointed to control the flowl on and off the field..
Vote Count & Presentation Dinner - Sun. Sep. 12th at Henty Community Club - vote count commences at 5.00 p.m. Dinner at 6.30 p.m. sharp. All Clubs 17 guests at $27.00 perhead.
Geoff Chandler- Auskick 2010 - 1,200 participants in Souther NSW - steady numbers.
Sec. School G.F. - Lavington - great success. as was the Rand Juniors Day
Rand-Walbundrie auskickers went to Melbourne for a "Grid-day"
Inter League football at Wodonga was very successful U. 15's V-Line will be on the 4th & 5th of April.
Nominations for the 2011 Bushrangers have been sent to those concerned Clubs.
A Level. 1 Coaching course will be held next March.Coaches need to be accredited.
Paul Habel: Volunteer of the year for Clubs - all Clubs are urged to nominate one volunteer - framed certificate at Presentation Dinner.
Quality Club Assessments - only two Hume League Clubs have replied - one has gained accreditation and the other still in the process.
All Clubs are expected to reach at least Bronze Level.
The Hume League is a Quality Accredited League.
The League should expect a GWS pesence at the Garnd Final.
Appreciation Dinner -Oct. 8th at the Burrumbuttock Hall - 6.30 p.m. for a 7.00 p.m. start.
Mark Lynch raised an issue with Player Points system - to be addressed before next meeting where the matter will be finalised.
Next Directors Meeting - Walla Hotel - 7.30 p.m. Wed. Oct 6th.
Sec./Treas. Hume AFL Inc.
Things to do! -- Club Umpire details to Rick Clancy
Adds for finals programs to me ASAPl
Club volunteers to me as well.
NOTE - ladders for Juniors are in percentage order.
Week One -- Sat. Team 3 plays team 6.. Sun. Team 4 plays Team 5 - winners to following Sun. -losers eliminated.
Minutes of Directors Meeting - 16th June 2010
Hume Football League Inc
Minutes of Directors Meeting held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 16th June 2010 commencing at 7.35pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary/Treasurer), Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary), Christine Biar (Assistant Treasurer)
Barry Mott and Brendan O’Connor (Brock/Burrum), John Doyle (Billabong Crows), Paul Phipps and Chris Collins (CDHBU), Rob Bull and Glen Tooth (Coleambally), Trevor Smith (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Steven Bunyan (Holbrook), Brian Hunter (Lockhart), Andrew Wilson (Murray Magpies), Ian Howard (Osborne), Garry Mickan (Walla), Dennis Dominick and Steve Leatham (Howlong), Ian Kreutzberger and Mike Butterfield (RW Tigers) and Chris Muller and Trevor Freeman (Jindera) and Paul Habel from NSW/ACT AFL.
Special Guest – Peter Lee, Community Development Officer with Australian Drug Foundation.
Merv gave a special welcome to Garry Mickan and Rob Bull and welcomed Paul Habel.
Merv then introduced Peter Lee who spoke of his role with the Australian Drug Foundation about the effects of drugs, alcohol and depression on the youth. The Foundation together with Beyond Blue have set up a ‘Good Sports’ initiative to bring mental health awareness to sporting clubs. Peter is willing to talk to Clubs and get the information out about depression, anxiety and alcohol use. Peter suggested a round (of football) tackling depression – it could be called the ‘Beyond Blue’ Round where information would be available to football clubs and maybe blue wrist bands could be worn. For further information contact Peter on 60561224 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Merv thanked Peter for this information and encouraged clubs to get on board.
Minutes Minutes of the Director’s Meeting of 28th April 2010 were read and confirmed on the motion of Phil Morison, seconded Brian Hunter. CARRIED
· Alcohol signs – ordered and under control
· Rising Star Award – Barry has been working with Andrew Schmetzer (U17 Interleague coach and National Australia Bank employee) and would like to introduce the award from Round 10, this weekend. Nominees should be
· 20 years and under
· Clubs should nominate a player by the Monday following the match
· Give a brief report on player e.g. goals kicked, named in best etc
· Executive will decide on the winner by comparing with WAW votes and best players
· Hopefully NAB will present award to player
Moved Ian Kreutzberger, Seconded Trevor Freeman that nominations for ‘Rising Star Award’ start this week. CARRIED
1) Electronic scoreboards (Bill Kelso)
2) From AFL – re Temporary Permits for players attending school/university - allowed to play with former Club during holidays/vacations etc. and Affiliation Fees & Insurance Premiums.
3) From Brett Wightman – re Jindera/RW Tigers "Pink Day" - June 26th
4) From Dale Smith - rep squad and training times
5) From Tristan-Daniel Williams - 2GHR (Greater Hume Radio) - out of Holbrook
6) From O & M re free entry to Albury Tigers V Yarrawonga game - June 12th.
7) From NEUB - minutes of General Meeting (June 8th)
8 From RW Tigers re electronic score boards. (NOTE: all above e-mailed to Clubs etc.)
9) From Stephen Bunyan - Holbrook F.C. re. boundary lines too close to fences and Holbrook last game of year be at home (read to meeting)
10) From Brock Burrum Saints – playing of overage player in Under 14s, Zac Smith (read to meeting)
1) To Clubs re nomination for Junior Players for rep. games.
2) To Clubs re plan for Umpire Escorts.
3). To Jindera & Henty Clubs re. $200 League sponsorship to Junior Players selected to represent the State (Julian Hayes and Harrison Macreadie)
4) To Paul Habel explaining our constitution (Rules & By Laws).
Discussion on correspondence
· Steve Bunyan explained position of boundary line. Boundary line must be 3m from fence or nearest obstacle. With regard to draw, Merv explained that all clubs have the opportunity to change the draw before it is adopted.
· Brock Burrum Saints overage player – lightly built player. Moved Barry Mott, seconded Ian Kreutzberger that Brock Burrum Saints be allowed to player overage player Zac Smith in Under 14’s. CARRIED
Term Deposit 18648.31
Community Fund 30000.00
Umpire money available tonight – 70 umpires 40 are paid electronically and 30 by cheques. Invoice to be sent to all Clubs next week. Will invest money at end of season.
Moved Christine Biar, seconded Trevor Smith that report as presented be received and all outstanding accounts are paid. CARRIED
Merv gave a verbal report.
Sponsorship – signed sponsorship with WAW and Springdale Heights Tavern until 2012.
· Water boys are a problem – some too young. They must not stand on ground and watch game, out with drinks then off ground.
· Qualified trainers – all Clubs except Jindera
· Advanced Taping Course
· Neck Braces – supply to all Clubs with qualified trainers. Trainers are covered by JLT insurance.
· NEUB - critical shortage of umpires
· 175 umpires have to be paid each week which is a lot of work
· Umpires program – 30 at Billabong High, 15 at Lockhart Central and 9 at St Pauls
· Recommendation that we use three umpires in finals series (seniors game only). We are the only League not to take up this offer. Game would be umpired better as some umpires (especially older ones) unable to keep up.
Events - Holbrook premiership reunion; Brock Burrum Saints have Michael O’Loughlin as guest speaker at dinner; Pink Day game Jindera V Rand Walbundrie on 26th June; Walbundrie Centenary
Cheques presented to Julian Hayes and Harrison Macreadie for U12 state representation and Josh Jones Under 15.
Incident in Under 17 footy – investigations offer and Merv are looking into. Meeting with Club tomorrow night. Merv had received phone calls from Border Mail and will have to make a statement to them. Trying to keep as low key as possible. Club umpires MUST report any incident they are not happy with on report sheet so League can take action. Under no circumstances are club umpires to get involved with players.
Interleague – Friday 11th June, a successful night
· Juniors – good underage games with all boys playing well; parents had thanked Merv for great experience; great support and great coaches
· Seniors – pleasing that we won; good footy and good crowd; should cover most expenses and break even; difficult with two gates and lights were a problem although players were not worried. Would probably have preferred to play at Lavington. Colours of umpires and HFL guernsies clashed – why can’t umpires wear white? Merv to find out about. Wodonga Football Club did very well from night.
· $10 entry – Steve Leatham asked about cost of entry, some families cannot afford this cost for one game, could the league look into pass.
· Missing guernsey – Under 17 number 15 – CDHBU player will return
· Thanks – to Bert Haynes for his work at game – time keeping all night.
· Barry thanked Merv for all his work, without him the Interleague match would not get off the ground.
Player Points – Points from player points revue meeting circulated. Directors to take back to clubs and discuss. Liz to email Player Points document for all Clubs to look at.
Trainers Association - sometimes bench does not have a trainer as trainers are inside strapping etc before matches.
People on Field of Play – Clubs are to ensure that the only people permitted on field of play are
· Water boys – deliver water and leave
· Runners – deliver message and leave; Runners do not take water.
· Trainers – when applicable
Umpires Escort – hopefully it is working. Albury umpires don’t really want escorts. Use boundary umpires as escorts.
By-Laws – need to be reviewed. Set of generic by-laws across NSW. Hume League to look at by laws and gel into generic by laws. Moved Phil Morison, seconded Garry Mickan that executive look into by laws and work with Paul.
Finals – Lockhart – Grand Final 2010. Offers Coleambally 1st; Brock Burrum 2nd; Billabong Crows 3rd; CDHBU 4th and Henty 5th. Howlong first choice for Grand Final in 2011.
Electronic Scoreboard – can control from timekeepers box. Suggestion to incorporate a clock. Investigate and research and bring back to next meeting.
Merv then introduced Paul Habel, Football Services Regional Manager (Wagga)
· Quality Club – community Club website 15 – 20 minutes to fill in. If Clubs require assistance please ring Paul.
· Volunteer recognition program – each club asked to nominate a volunteer for this award
· Australian Coaches Association – Coach of year recognition program – nominate a coach for this award. Closing date for both nominations is 15th July 2010.
· Telstra Grants – 26 across state – Brock Burrum Saints and Billabong Crows successful in grant receiving $1000
Merv thanked Paul for attendance and report.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.08pm
Minutes of Directors Meeting - 28th April 2010
Minutes of Directors Meeting held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 28th April 2010 commencing at 7.35pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary/Treasurer), Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary),
Barry Mott (Brock/Burrum), John Doyle (Billabong Crows), Paul Phipps and Dean Fitzgerald (CDHBU), Phil Price (Coleambally), Trevor Smith (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Steven Bunyan (Holbrook), Brian Hunter (Lockhart), Ted Miller (Murray Magpies), Ian Howard (Osborne), Dalton Wegener (Walla), David Longley and Steve Leatham (Howlong), Ian Kreutzberger (RW Tigers) and Mark Lynch (Jindera) and James Ceely and Paul Habel from NSW/ACT AFL.
Apologies Brendan O’Connor (Brock Burrum) and Lindsay Norman
Merv gave a special welcome to Paul Habel and James Ceely and welcomed Mark Lynch, new president of Jindera Football Club.
Minutes Minutes of the Annual General Meeting Part 2 of 3rd February 2010 were read and confirmed on the motion of Phil Morison, seconded Brian Hunter. Carried
Business Arising from AGM Part 2
· Merv elected as country rep on NEUB for 12 months
· Player Points review – recommendations passed on at next meeting.
· RW Tigers – re overage player, Jack Williams
· From AFL - Information night with GWS - Albury
· Club Coaches registration - and a reminder.
· Re - Directory (Paul Habel with correction to AFL Southern Region)
· Re - Permit system and Junior Leagues with a permit agreement with the Hume League.
· Invitation to Hume League President to attend the official AFL function at Narrandera.
· $500 - reimbursement from former Southern Region Board.
· Des Ryan - re. Fining Jindera F.C. for non attendance at meeting.
· Sporting Pulse - offer to Clubs
· Greg Wheetley – re ads in programs
· John O'Donoghue - Area Permits - with O & M, Murray League and Albury/Wodonga Jnrs.
· WAW - re directory
· Wangaratta F/N Club - Tournament
· Albury Netball - Carnival
· Hume Trainers Assoc. list of qualified trainers within each Club.
· Jindera F.C. - re coaching courses.
· Coleambally - a nomination for Honorary Investigations Officer
· Jindera F.C. - re travel subsidy to Coleambally and why Jindera has to travel there in 2009 and 2010.
· WAW Player of the Year Award.
· Registration forms for Club Umpires (Central)
· Re - Match Day procedures, WAW voting (whole game not Club by Club), re. League Sponsors in programs.
· Two from Liz Lane – re - registrations online and offering help for online recording of results.
Discussion on correspondence
Ø R RWTigers overage player – ability of player to be taken into account. Moved Trevor Smith, seconded John Doyle that Jack Williams be allowed to play as an overage player in the U17s. Dalton explained Walla would be playing two overage U14 players from St Pauls to give numbers.
Ø Quote from Border Sign Studio for 15 signs re alcohol being brought into grounds - $830. Signs to read:
IT IS HUME LEAGUE POLICY
THAT NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOL
BE BROUGHT INTO THS GROUND.
Moved Phil Morison, seconded Barry Mott that the League accept the quote from Border Sign Studio and the Hume League pay for the cost of 17 signs. CARRIED
Ø Jindera and RW Tigers fined for non-attendance at meeting. Mark Lynch explained there was not enough notice for another delegate to attend meeting. Ian Kreutzberger did not get notice of meeting, nor did Paul Beasley. Ian Kreutzberger said repeat offenders should be fined. Moved Steve Leatham, seconded Trevor Smith that League waive fines this time. Motion voted on For – 4, Against 6. Motion lost.
Ø Jindera complained about going to Coleambally twice in two years and asked about compensation. Compensation was paid once only. Coleambally travels every second weekend. Murray Magpies travelling three years in a row. Merv stated that we would try to make Clubs go only every second year, but it was not easy to do the draw. Will look into for 2011.
Balance as at 27th April 2010 $110,533.26
Term Deposit balance $ 18,648.31
Money to umpires $2576 per week. Balance is $5000 less due to two weeks umpires being paid. All Clubs have paid. Questions about more money being put on term deposit, if only for six months.
Moved Barry Malone, seconded Brian Hunter that report as presented be received and all outstanding accounts are paid.
Merv gave a verbal report.
§ Attended game at Narrandera and met officials of other leagues and board of Wagga and Canberra.
§ Sponsorship - 2AY active in promoting game at Walla with Men’s pit stop; also Brendan Barrat of Lockhart for his 300 games. Clubs are asked to let 2AY know of any function/highlight they want promoted.
§ WAW promotion working well, BMM player award up and running
§ Footy Tipping – 90 tippers this year, with Walla having 50 tippers and getting $700
§ Business Sponsorship – no other business taken up offer of sponsorship. Should we take up WAW proposal tonight rather than leave until May. $8000 per year plus increase of $500 for 2011 and 2012 plus other benefits e.g. footy tipping, Best Player award. Merv has shown Sponsorship proposal to Springdale Heights and they have signed up for another three years - $5,000. Bendigo Bank may be interested in silver sponsorship in 2011 (three banks in Lockhart, Henty and Coleambally with $2000 each). Moved John Doyle, seconded Ted Miller that we accept WAW sponsorship. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
§ Online Advertising – still available for $300
§ Attack Sports – sponsoring guernsies for interleague. Players will keep guernsey. Attack Sports have done umpires shirts, polo shirts for executive of football, netball and trainers. Moved Ian Kreutzberger, seconded Steve Leatham that we order No 3 (pictured) guernsey for interleague. CARRIED
§ Sportspower sponsoring Under 14 interleague guernsies.
§ Interleague – Friday 11th June. Merv has organised Wodonga Football Club ground for Interleague on Friday night 11th June after Lavington and Albury concerned about wear and tear. Wodonga ground in excellent shape and with no cricket pitch is well drained. Will cost $600 for use of ground. Negotiating with Wodonga about catering for players and running canteen. Lights are a bit dim, but intend to install lights either side of current lights as they want more night footy. Parking not good at Wodonga. Netball looking at games as well. We will need to man gates on the night. Juniors will train on two Sundays before the game and Seniors to train Monday and Wednesday of that week, possibly the week before.
§ Coach – Matt Klemke rather not, but Dale Smith interested. Moved Steve Leatham, seconded Brian Hunter that we appoint Dale Smith as Senior coach for Hume Football League.
§ Under 17 coach – Martin Smith not available and George Mackinlay not interested, but Phil Takle and Brian Klemke were mentioned. Phil Morison to approach.
§ Selection of squad next week to let players know if required. Clubs are to nominate players for U14 and U17. Send nomination by email to Barry.
§ Umpires – good umpires meeting with Luke Olsen and two AFL umpires at Walbundrie with 30 or more umpires. Next meeting at Walla on 5th May at 7pm. Umpires in Under 14 and Under 17 games must protect the player, particularly in head area. Clubs must also be conscious of abuse towards umpires. Club umpires must pay free kicks to own Club if they are there. Some club umpires doing senior games. If Club umpires doing own matches, Merv will contact Clubs concerned. More umpires to be accredited Level 1 during this year. NEUB meet monthly and are trying to promote and get umpires.
§ Trainers – at the recent Trainers Meeting, no one from Jindera or Brock Burrum were in attendance. Trainers need to be Accredited Level 1. Reminder to all Clubs If there is an injury, trainers have complete control. Next meeting of Trainers to be advised.
§ Investigations Officer – John Macdonald prepared to do this year and looking with David Koschitzke to find someone around Albury to work with John and take over in 2011.
Merv then introduced Paul Habel, Football Services Regional Manager (Wagga) and James Ceely (Participation Manager South (Canberra).
· Structural changes in AFL Wagga. Hume League takes in his area. The AFL understands the relationship with Hume and VCFL, but everyone can work together.
· Trying to get all Leagues using footyweb.
· Want to work with League on Quality Club – Quality Club booklet and Kids First codes of conduct for Clubs to take (brochures). Earmarking Hume Clubs for Bronze, Silver and Gold
· Club Development Report – information for clubs on available grants, JLT Insurance – emailed to all clubs
· Regional Championships again in Wagga. Will be reviewing championship structure this year. Selectors will probably be at TDFL V Hume game to pick squad.
· Talented Player program – for juniors – Stingrays and Rebels
· Volunteer of Year Award – each Club to nominate one person and one person will be then selected to be Hume League volunteer.
· Luke Olsen - Three academy programs in schools for umpires
· Thanks to Culcairn Club for their recent involvement in a clearance with Narrandera, which didn’t need to go to the tribunal.
· Based in Canberra
· Wants to see how Leagues are travelling.
· More resources into regional NSW
Merv thanks Paul and James for their attendance and reports.
Article in Border Mail – 27th April re O & M getting rid of Seconds competition. Albury lost 21 players to TDFL, Hume and Upper Murray this year.
Guernsey Change – RW Tigers would like guernsey change for Centenary Match V Walla – stripes
Phones in Clubs – Ian Kreutzberger asked about phones in Clubs. Necessary only if there is no mobile phone reception for emergencies.
Dividend – Ted Miller asked whether Clubs getting dividend as in last minutes – Merv explained league paying for runner’s shirts and signs,
Trainers from Jindera – worry about no qualified trainers. Mark Lynch explained the Club were very aware and is trying to do something. Currently using a trainer who is doing first aid course, until they can find a better option. Howlong had to pay big money for a trainer. Jindera have offered money and have tried all options possible. They have lots of Level 3 First Aiders available on game day.
Rising Star – Barry would like to introduce a ‘Rising Star Award’ that hopefully will be sponsored. Clubs to nominate someone they feel would deserve this award. Barry will pursue and let Clubs know.
Players Points – Phil Morison questioned, Liz explained it’s under control.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.25pm
Mintues of AGM Part 2 - 3rd February 2010
Minutes of Annual General Meeting Part 2 held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 3rd February commencing at 7.35pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary/Treasurer), Lindsay Norman, Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary), Christine Biar (Assistant Treasurer)
Barry Mott and Brendan O’Connor (Brock/Burrum), John Doyle (Billabong Crows), Paul Phibbs and Chris Collins (CDHBU), Phil Price and Glen Tooth (Coleambally), Trevor Smith and Gordon Finlayson (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Steven Bunyan (Holbrook), Brian Hunter (Lockhart), Ted Miller (Murray Magpies), Peter Sharp and Ian Howard (Osborne), Dalton Wegener (Walla), Dennis Dominick and Steve Leatham (Howlong)
Apologies Luke Olsen (NSW AFL)
Des Ryan (Jindera)
Minutes Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of 4th February 2009 were read and confirmed on the motion of Trevor Smith and Phil Price. Carried
Business Arising from AGM Part 1 28th November 2009
· League sponsorships – Gold, Silver and Bronze, put together by Jason Dudenas
· General Bye during school holidays not split round
· Auskick sponsorship – Ian Kreutzberger enquired. Barry had spoken to Jeff Chandler and if not sponsored by NAB Bank, the gear would be twice as dear. Clubs should contact Wagga or Albury for help with coaching etc.
· Concern about kids playing football day before Grand Final – Barry expressed concern to Paul Habel and at the Affiliates conference – this should be rectified this year.
· WAW – re footy tipping – request for 2010 contacts, logos, patches on jumpers
· Jindera – re coaching accreditation – either Vic or NSW
· Ovens and Murray – 2010 Draw; Rep football concept
· Jeff Chandler – Level 1 coaching accreditation
· AFL NSW/ACT – Wagga – National Risk Protection information; Details re State championships in 2010; Change of rolls (Sthn Riverina); Trainers Courses; Barellan Masters Games
· Wodonga FC – 13’s Carnival
· ABC – re grants
· John O’Donohue – Footy Web training; NEUB – Dale Gleeson Director of Coaching
· Miles Wilks – historian – details of history of Hume League
· 2AY – Simon Corr – re Season 2010
· Billabong Crows – re Daniel Mallon, over age request to play U17’s
· Some Clubs – registration forms
· Eastern Riverina Chronicle – Justine Isherwood – re Season 2010 and Clubs involvement
· Henty FC – re 1990 Premiership reunion
· Registration forms to Clubs
· To Clubs – directory details for 2010
· To Clubs – stationery orders for 2010
· To Miles Wilks – information re history of Hume League
· To AFL - Club contacts
· To Clubs – procedures re registration/clearances for 2010
· To WAW and AFL NSW/ACT – Club Contacts for 2010
All correspondence was dealt with in General business
Merv gave a verbal report. Welcome to Steve Bunyan, new President of Holbrook Football Club, and thanks to all for their wishes for Merv and Judy’s 50th Wedding Anniversary.
NEUB – is going back to original administration i.e. one representative from four leagues – Hume, Upper Murray, O & K and Tallangatta. Merv very unhappy with situation and expressed his opinion. Survey results from umpires and leagues suggested that minor leagues are not good at recruiting umpires. AGM next Wednesday which will decide who will represent the four leagues. Merv prepared to be involved.
Sponsorship – Jason Dudenas finished booklet re Gold, Silver and Bronze sponsorship. Some firms show interest – Roofing Centre and Bendigo Bank. Roofing Centre were interested in Gold sponsor, but already taken by WAS.
Advertising on web page - $300 for year. Each Club asked to get one sponsor. Other business houses in Albury are interested. The web page received 311,000 hits for 2009 with 68,000 in August.
Lindsay and Merv met with Jenny Nagle and Michael Mack from WAW. Their sponsorship finishes at end of 2010 and they would like to renew for another two years, i.e. 2011 and 2012 and possibly to 2016. $500 per year increase. Tipping for WAW put $2000 back into the League with $500 1st; $300 2nd; $100 3rd. Clubs receive $300 for 25 tippers and $700 for 50 tippers. Hume League is the only league to have footy tipping. All clubs are encouraged to be involved this year.
Sponsorship is sold 12 months in advance to enable names on balls, Guernseys etc. Jumpers can be dropped in to any branch of WAW or at Walla. WAW negotiating with media and will pay the expense to have “WAW Hume League” in Border Mail. WAW currently pays $8000 for the year. WAW is the first major sponsor of the league. Gold sponsorship should be for three years.
Steve Leatham asked about the Roofing Centre’s interest – Merv waiting to hear back. G Finlayson asked about having two major sponsors. Sportspower and Springdale Heights also sponsor $5000.
Moved Phil Morison, seconded Denis Dominick that we put of making a decision until end of May. Carried
Christine presented her two page report and a full Annual Report was tabled.
Balance as at 1st February 2010
Bank Balance $60834.67
Term Deposit $18400.53
Total Financial Assets $79235.20
Moved Christine Biar, seconded Trevor Smith that report be accepted and outstanding accounts be paid. Carried
Merv thanked Christine for all her work during the year.
Notice of Motion 1 – Howlong Football Club – ‘Ages for Under 14’s be calculated from 1st October in year.’ Moved Dennis Dominick. No seconder so motion lapsed.
Notice of Motion 2 – Howlong Football Club – ‘Trophies be introduced for Under4 14 and Under 17 leading goal kicker awards’. Moved Dennis Dominick, seconded Trevor Smith. Lockhart concerned that stronger players won’t swap teams; BrockBurrum agreed; Bert Haynes – kids should be encouraged to play; Osborne – Under 17’s applicable but not Under 14. Motion was then voted on with 3 for and 9 against, so motion defeated.
Notice of Motion 3 – Jindera Football Club – ‘That Hume League Vote Count be moved to a week night in the first week after the end of the home and away season’. Moved Barry Mott, seconded John Doyle. Motion lapsed. Culcairn – leave as was; BrockBurrum – leave as was even though number are hard to get sometimes; Coleambally – leave on Sunday, but maybe change time to luncheon or have dinner earlier. Barry to circulate ideas to Clubs and vote by email. For Sunday after Preliminary Final.
Admission Fees – Moved Ian Howard, seconded Phil Morison that admission fees remain the same as 2009 and 2008 i.e. $8 General Admission, $4 for Pensioners and School children Free. Carried
Honorary Investigations Officer and Tribunal
Coleambally concerned about investigation in 2009 and felt incident should have been investigated more fully. Phil suggested Barry Norman from Corowa.
BrockBurrum concerned about incident in 2008; If they take job on it should be done thoroughly. Maybe have a checklist – Bylaws. Merv to have further discussions with John and Max.
Clubs should ring Merv if they want more Bylaws added.
Moved Phil Morison, seconded Phil Price that John McDonald and Max Urquhart be approached Carried
Clubs can come up with alternative candidates over the next seven days and have email vote, Moved Dennis Dominick, seconded Barry Mott. Carried.
Merv rang all clubs before Christmas to let them know about interleague footy. Not sure if Lavington Oval available on Friday night. Suggestion of curtain raiser to O & M Interleague match. We would still get share of gate.
Lockhart and Osborne voted against; Culcairn – could TDFL come out to HFL this year. Moved Phil Price, seconded Steve Bunyan that we hold Interleague game on 22nd May. Voted 10 for and 2 against. Wait until we hear from TDFL Carried
Senior Coach Graham Hart suggested, Merv had approached Graham but he declined. Trevor Smith suggested Matt Klemke.
Selectors Shannon Gilson, Clint Gilson and Marc Almond with power to add
Manager Trevor Smith, with assistance from Gordon Finlayson – appointed.
Under 17’s George Mackinlay from Holbrook nominated by Steve Bunyan; Martin Smith from Culcairn (nominated by Trevor Smith)
Under 14’s Jason Webster from Osborne (subject to approval by these men)
Billabong Crows Under 17’s – overage player. Moved Trevor Smith, seconded Dennis Dominick that permission be granted for Daniel Mallon to play in the Under 17’s competition for the Billabong Crows.
Sunday 7th March 11am at Culcairn Clubrooms. Guest speakers – Dale Gleeson from NEUB and Michael Mack. Lunch approx 12.45pm. Clubs to collect annual match day requirements and pay $5000 at launch.
Billabong Crows concerned about varied costs of food. Can we have a uniform cost? Liz Lane explained that clubs source food from different places and it’s very hard to have uniform prices.
Signs re Alcohol in Grounds
Ian Kreutzberger was to look into the signs for each ground.
Due to good figures could clubs get a dividend from the league. Look at when season gets underway.
Culcairn – player points with clearances? Phil Morison suggested a review of the Points System. Review for 2011.
As per Bylaws, Clubs who do not attend meetings will be fined. It was noted that Jindera and Rand Walbundrie were not in attendance at this meeting.
There being no further business the meeting closed at 9.50pm
7th March – League Launch at Culcairn
Trainers/Umpires meeting – Date to be confirmed
28th April – Directors Meeting, 7.30pm at Walla
Minutes of AGM Part 1 - 28th October 2009
Hume Football League Inc
Minutes of AGM Part 1 held at Walla Walla Hotel, Wednesday 28th October 2009 commencing at 7.30pm
Present Merv Wegener (President), Bert Haynes (Vice President), Barry Malone (Secretary), Liz Lane (Assistant Secretary), Barry Mott (Brock/Burrum), Adrian Creek (Billabong Crows), Chris Collins and Paul Phibbs (CDHBU), Phil Price (Coleambally), Trevor Smith (Culcairn), Phil Morison (Henty), Russell Ross (Holbrook) Andrew Wilson (Murray Magpies), Ian Howard (Osborne), Brian Hunter (Lockhart), Ian Kreutzberger (RWT), Tony Corrin and Des Ryan (Jindera), Dalton Wegener (Walla), Dennis Dominick, Glenn Cannon and Steve Leatham (Howlong)
Apologies Ted Miller (Murray Magpies), Brendan O’Connor (BrockBurrum) and Lindsay Norman (Publicity Officer)
President Merv opened the meeting with a condolences to Michael Sandral’s family. Michael was the President of the Rennie Football Club and was tragically killed in an accident last weekend.
Minutes of AGM Part 1 of 30th November 2008 were read and confirmed. Moved Ian Kreutzberger, seconded Phil Morison. CARRIED
Business Arising from Minutes of Director’s Meeting of 30th September 2009
· League Sponsorship – Gold Silver and Bronze – should hopefully be finalised next week
· Scoreboard – Adrian Creek suggested hiring of digital sign. Ian Kreutzberger looking into board.
· 2010 season – General Bye not split round, 10th July during school holidays.
· Luke Olsen – email re Club Development Report
· Luke Olsen – email re Talented player program
· Sandy Thomas – re draw for 14 teams – O & K League likely to have 13 teams in 2010
Above emailed to clubs etc
· Draw for 14 teams emailed to Sandy Thomas
· Season 2010 Hume emailed to Clubs
· President’s Report 2009 emailed to Clubs
Read by Merv (copy attached which was emailed to all Clubs). Moved Merv Wegener, seconded Des Ryan that the report as presented be received. CARRIED
A full report will be presented at AGM Part 2. Holbrook Football Club has since paid outstanding account and account from Lockhart A & P Society for $2350 received. Moved Barry Malone, seconded Dennis Dominick that report as presented be accepted and any outstanding accounts be paid. CARRIED
Cheque Acc. - $81,876.94. Term Deposit - $18,400.53
Election of Executive for Season 2010
Vice President, Bert Haynes, occupied the chair and thanked the executive for their work throughout 2009.
President Merv Wegener – nominated by Adrian Creek. Elected
Vice President Bert Haynes – nominated by Ian Howard. Elected
Secretary/Treasurer Barry Malone – nominated by Brian Hunter. Elected
Assistant Secretary Liz Lane – nominated by Ian Kreutzberger. Elected
Assistant Treasurer Christine Bear – nominated by Barry Malone. Elected
Publicity Officer Lindsay Norman – nominated by Trevor Smith. Elected.
2010 Interleague – V Tallangatta League. Merv has been trying to book the Lavington Panthers Oval. Moved Phil Price, seconded Brian Hunter that the Interleague match take place against Tallangatta on Friday 4th June. Clinton Gilson interested in coaching again. Dennis Dominick suggested asking all Clubs for a say on who coaches. Discuss all coaches at AGM Part 2.
North East Umpires Board (NEUB) – questionnaire filled in online (Merv would prefer to do face to face). Four recommendations coming from the survey at the next meeting on 23rd November. Problems with umpires not being paid on time. NEUB is looking for more sponsorship. Merv will report on further at next meeting.
Draw – Barry to email draw proforma to all Clubs so they can have a go.
Launch – Moved Brian Hunter, seconded Trevor Smith that Hume League launch for Season 2010 be held at Culcairn on Sunday 7th March 2010 at 11 am. CARRIED
Match Footballs – are ordered and cost is $1 more than 2009 per ball. First lot will be here for launch. If Clubs require practise balls, please contact Merv.
Notice of Motion – from Howlong Football Club that ‘Ages for Under 14’s be calculated from 1st October in year.’
Notice of Motion – from Howlong Football Club that ‘Trophies be introduced for Under 14 and Under 17 League goal kicking awards.’
Notice of Motion – from Jindera Football Club that ‘Hume League Vote Count be moved to a week night in the first week after the end of the home and away season.’
Auskick Sponsorship – Ian Kreutzberger spoke of his concerns about NAB sponsoring Auskick, yet parents still have to pay and not much help from AFL to run the program. Moved Ian, seconded Dennis Dominick that the Secretary contact AFL to find out where sponsorship money goes. CARRIED
Squads/Swans Cup – concern raised about players having to train and play football in other comps, such as Swans Cup and this is affecting them during the finals series. Moved Russell Ross, seconded Phil Morrison that Secretary find out why Swans Cup and training is scheduled during the finals. CARRIED
AGM Part 2 Wednesday 3rd February 2010 at Walla Hotel at 7.30pm.
Merv wished everyone a Merry Christmas and the meeting closed at 8.40pm.
Monday 23rd November 2009 – NEUB meeting.
Wednesday, 3rd February 2010 - AGM Part 2, at Walla Hotel at 7.30pm.
Sunday, 7th March 2010 – Hume League Season 2010 Launch at Culcairn at 11 am