NSFA To Launch Electronic Matchcards
After a successful trial in 2015 NSFA will be launching Paperless Matchcards in 2016. Paper match cards in all competition divisions (ie U12 and up) will be replaced by a match card that can be accessed by a smart phone, tablet or portable computer that has mobile data enabled 3G or 4G.
The benefits of a paperless match card are numerous and include:
- Elimination of paper match cards (removes cost, time and inaccuracy from the process)
- Score reporting will come from the referee as opposed to the two teams involved
- Team selection will be done online as opposed to the sometimes messy marking of the match card
- Match cards will be locked once electronically signed by each manager, avoiding potential changes post match commencement.
- ID checks will be made simpler via the EMC as opposing Manager will see photo id without having to request a sheet from the opposition
- Player eligibility will be managed via EMC (no effective method today)
- Player finals eligibility will be managed via EMC (no effective method today)
- Referee caution & send off will be more accurate as name, FFA Id, Shirt # and photo will be visible via EMC to referee
- Team Manager modules for 321 reporting and match reporting enhanced.
This new system will be in operation for the first game of 2016 season.