NT Sailing Team
The NT Sailing Team provides the opportunity to identify and develop upcoming sailing talent in the Northern Territory. It offers members the opportunity to learn and perform to their maximum capacity at major events.
Applications are taken annually and close on 28th February each year. Applicants must be full members of an affiliated club and aged between 12-19yrs at the conclusion of the year in which they apply. Applications are assessed by a panel selected by YNT.
Members are charged a $200 membership fee and are expected to attend a minimum number of training sessions throughout the year.
In return members receive weekly coaching with the NT Sailing Team Coach, 3 additional training camps with the NT/QLD Pathways Officer, Uniforms and a travel subsidy of $800/regatta at selected events (max. 2 per year).
- To assist all team members reach their full potential
- Encourage Sailing Team members to assist other sailors gain skills
- Achieve results at state, national and international events
- Gain representation in national teams
- Develop the skills of local coaches & instructors
- Promote sailing in International, Olympic & Paralympic classes