One day Boat Licence Course - Theory & Practical boat handling training
- Clear explanation of the safety requirements
- Assistance with the test
- Practical boat training & assessment
You will pass regardless of how long it takes. No extra cost.
A great fun day, especially the boat work!
Our instructor helps you while you drive.
Course fee: $250 - includes classroom discussion, practical boat work training and membership of Australian Cruise Academy.
Enrolment procedure: Click here
- Government regulations - Recreational Licence, Boat registration, Accident reporting, Policing & Safety on the water
- Selecting the right boat, boat maintenance, safety equipment, check lists
- Trip planning, tides, weather, time & fuel calculation, crew briefing,
- Collision regulations, navigation aids, lights & shapes, river navigation
- Emergencies, first aid, fire prevention & fire fighting
- Jetski and water skiing, Do's and Dont's
- Environmental protection
Power Boat Course Content - Practical
- Pre-launch check, launching the boat, mooring the boat, crew safety check, boarding the boat & weight distribution, starting & warming engines
- Follow Collision regulations and speed regulations at all times
- Departing the pontoon, getting under way, determining 4 & 7 knot speed and distances, hull speed, planing speed, slowing & stopping
- Accurate steering, straight line, figure 8, correct to straight line
- Man overboard recovery, boat operator only with no assistance
- Approaching the pontoon, laying alongside, applying a springer to a bit, springing on, fixing bow and stern lines, crew off.
Preparation - Candidates should obtain and familiarise themselves with a copy of the free booklet "SA Recreational Boating Safety Handbook" Bring it with you to class. You can study it online Click Here.
When you enrol in one of our courses you become a member of Australian Cruise Academy. This recognises you as a trainee and is required for insurance purposes.