SPECIAL MEASURING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SABOT NATIONALS COMPETITORS
Must be completed on 22/12/05
I draw your attention once again to the notice previously e-mailed to you and subsequently placed on the Flying Eleven website as follows:
The National Executive has resolved to make concessional provisions for measuring boats of sailors returning from the Sabot Nationals, subject to:
- arrangements being made for those requiring measurement to be measured as a group up until a time on the morning of 10 January 2006 to be determined by the National Measurer;
- detailed arrangements, including the time and the details of the boats to be measured being confirmed with the National Measurer prior to 22 December 2005;
- boats to be measured having been appropriately certified by Club Measurers in advance (this requirement to be extended to the entire fleet as noted above);
- those concessional arrangements being made available only to boats that cannot be measured on 9 January due to crew having to travel from Sabot Nationals; and
- those concessional arrangements being available only to those boats for which specific arrangements have been confirmed with the National Measurer prior to 22 December 2005.
Please ensure that any of your members in this situation contact Steve Schutz (National Measurer) to make arrangements. Alternatively, if the club or forward hand can present boat and/or sails and/or foils on measuring day this would be preferable.
Your assistance in, once again, passing this information on to relevant people would be appreciated by the Executive and the Race Committee. Obviously limited will be available on 10 January so we will need to organise this in advance. Stephen and others will be engaged in other activities related to the running of the regatta as well. Your cooperation will help us all avoid a situation in which competitors and volunteer officials are placed under unnecessary stress when all we want to do is go sailing. Please feel free to contact me direct if difficulties have arisen in assisting in this regard.
0402 457 029