Winter Series 2017
Winter Series Racing
The Melbourne Trailable Yacht Club 2017 Winter Series commences on Sunday 18th June, with Heats 1 and 2 short course, back to back races. Refer to the attached Notice Of Race for further details and note the following dates, the third Sunday in the months of July, August and September. Sailing Instructions are available on the website and will be available at the Information Session prior to the races.
In the interests of personal safety, the Committee has introduced the requirement for all crews to wear a PFD Type 1 or 2 whilst racing in this Winter Series. This requirement will be reviewed for the Summer Series.
A few key safety points to consider:
· Users of inflatable PFD’s are advised to read the maintenance instructions provided with their PFD and undertake more frequent checks for PFDs that are regularly wet.
· Most inflatable PFD’s recommend that an accredited service agent carry out an annual inspection.
· For PFD’s in recreational use, you can perform a self inspection by downloading instructions for annual self inspection information and check sheet.
· Servicing checks should be noted on the PFD or in vessel log books.
· Victorian Water Police are inspecting inflatable PFD’s including proof of service.
· If wearing or carrying onboard a Type 2 PFD, note that your vessel by law is still required to carry a PFD 1 for each person on board.
2017 Race Schedule
Heats 1 & 2 - Sunday 18 June
Heats 3 & 4 - Sunday 16 July
Heats 5 & 6 - Sunday 20 August
Heats 7 & 8 - Sunday 17 September