Draft Minutes - AGM 2017

Minutes Of The AGM Of The Kent County Volleyball Association Held At The Spitfire, Kings Hill, Kent on 20th July 2017 at 8pm

Attendees:

Ian Ruddock, KCVA/Strood

Jim Baker, KCVA/Dartford

Steve Wanstall, Strood

Plamen Pentchev, Bexley

Michelle Piscina, KCVA

Lewis Howel, Maidstone

Jody Specht, Guest

Frank Wellings, KCVA

Graham Goodwin, KCVA

Paula A’Bear, KCVA/Strood

Mark Salmon, Tonbridge

Stuart Duffin, Dartford

Tim Bown, KCVA/Dartford

Alice Marcu, Maidstone

Leah Thomas, Maidstone

Martin Restorick, Rainham

Lynn Robinson, Rainham

Pete Good, Strood

Karen Good, Strood

 

Apologies for absence were received from or on behalf of Tom Middleton (KCVA), Bruce Hertogs (Team Medway), Jarek Wierszycki (Team Medway) and Rachel Hynes (Dartford).

 

The minutes of the last AGM (4.7.2016) had been circulated previously and were approved by the meeting. There were no matters arising.

 

A total of 16 voting cards was issued to members attending the meeting.

 

Chairman’s Welcome

Jim Baker welcomed everyone to the 39th AGM of the Kent County Volleyball Association.

JB also reminded the meeting of the voting entitlements in line with the Association’s Constitution.

 

Chairman’s Report

JB wished to record his appreciation across a range of topics, all of which served to enhance the image of Kent volleyball:

  • To committee members who bring significant experience to the running and conduct of the league. Their collective contributions offer considerable benefit to KCVA.
  • To club & team secretaries for their efforts in participating in the league. It is surprising how much goes on behind the scenes which few of us get to know about.To Katie Marriott for her efforts in running the Kent Schools League, again. This year had seen 7 boys’ teams and 6 girls’ teams participating, spread across 5 schools – Townley, Sackville, Beths, Riverston and St Gregory’s.
    • JB offered the example of the Mayor of Tunbridge Wells who had been approaching the end of his term of office. Throughout his term he had pursued an objective to participate in an A-Z of sports and had arrived at “V”. He approached Tonbridge VC to enquire if he could attend a match, although the season had just ended. Andi Milligan invited him to attend a training session, instead and he duly appeared, along with the Lady Mayor (who was the one who actually took an active part in proceedings!) All good PR for the club and Kent Volleyball in general.
  • To Katie Marriott for her efforts in running the Kent Schools League, again. This year had seen 7 boys’ teams and 6 girls’ teams participating, spread across 5 schools – Townley, Sackville, Beths, Riverston and St Gregory’s
  • Thanks also to those who helped out at Finals Day, this year.
  • To those who represented KCVA and assisted with the running of the SEVA tournament in May.
  • JB also wished to acknowledge the contributions by Frank Wellings and Steve Wanstall within the team of coaches for the Junior Inter-Regional championships. The U-16 girls had finished 4th, losing a very close pool match to the eventual winners (and the 3rd/4th place play-off was just as close).

JB wished to record his congratulations to the season’s winners:

Leagues & Cups

Premier

Strood-1

Ladies

Tonbridge

Stan Hastie Cup

Maidstone-Blue

June Morgan Ladies Cup

Tonbridge

Mens Plate

Dartford-1

 

MVPs

Premier Division

Gints Valdmanis (Rainham)

Ladies Division

Alice Marcu (Maidstone)

Foundation League

Danielle Robinson (Rainham)

Stan Hastie Cup Final

Karol Wysokinski (Maidstone)

June Morgan Ladies Cup

Katie Marriott (Dartford)

Mens Plate Final

Daz Zarowny (Dartford)

JB noted that it was sad to have lost Maidstone men from the National League for the coming season; Maidstone Ladies continue in Div 3 next season. Dartford Ladies would compete in W2S again and Dartford Men in M3S.

JB observed that there had been several bumps in the road during the course of last season, but was pleased that the committee had dealt with those issues efficiently and had reached fair conclusions.

JB also wished to acknowledge the enormous contribution from the association’s secretary to the running of the league. By way of example, it was only necessary to view the vast amount of (well-ordered and properly-constructed) paperwork which had been produced for the AGM, alone, to understand the time and effort which IR puts in to the administration of the league.

JB noted from the minutes of last year’s AGM that there had been a number of issues which had made the administration of the league unnecessarily difficult for IR and asked club secretaries to take on board some simple actions which would alleviate some of these difficulties.

  • Clubs to familiarise themselves with the Association’s Rules – available on the KCVA website. These are only 5 pages long and would take approx. 10-15 minutes to read.
  • JB asked that club and team secretaries should take the time to Read, Understand, Memorise and Apply the Rules. This would also help make it easier for themselves in their own roles.
  • JB also commented that there needed to be an improvement in communications to the secretariat. It should not be necessary for IR to have to chase missing results/scoresheets, VE affiliations, registrations details or payment of fees.

 

Treasurer’s Report

  • Tim Bown presented a set of accounts for the period 1.7.2016 to 30.6.2017.
  • These showed a loss for the period of £190. Total reserves stood at £2,530.The suggestion was made that Entry fees for the 2017-18 season should be increased by £5 per team: £45 for Premier division and £40 for Ladies division (to allow some margin for cost growth). Foundation League to remain free of charge.
    • The deficit included approx. £125 in respect of the Time to Listen course hosted by KCVA to complete the mandatory training for Club Welfare Officers, which had been fully anticipated and budgeted.
    • Of the balance, some £40 was attributable to one-off expenses in respect of the schools’ league. Given that the schools’ league had shown a surplus of £30 in the previous financial period it was considered that the Association’s finances were more or less in balance.
  • The suggestion was made that Entry fees for the 2017-18 season should be increased by £5 per team: £45 for Premier division and £40 for Ladies division (to allow some margin for cost growth). Foundation League to remain free of charge.
  • The meeting agreed to this proposal, unanimously.
  • The accounts were accepted by the meeting, and JB signed a copy by way of confirmation.

 

Ladies’ Representative’s Report

Paula A’Bear reported that there were no issues/concerns which had been raised with her by the Ladies teams during 2016-17. It was recognised that fewer fixtures in the Ladies division made it easier to organise.

Paula reminded the meeting that she remains available to chat through any issues which require discussion or guidance.

 

Registrations Secretary’s Report

Graham Goodwin reminded team secretaries that photos need to be clear before being acceptable for adding to a registration card. GG requested that photos should be in jpeg format – web images have lower resolution and do not work so well.

IR advised that he would be raising a number of points in connection with registrations issues in his Secretary’s report.

 

Development Officer’s Report

Frank Wellings advised that he had attended quite a number of KCVA matches this season for a variety of reasons (supporting, line judge, coaching and, occasionally, spectating!)

  • FW observed that it was positive news that a referee’s course had been held in Kent and that he looked forward to seeing those newly-qualified referees becoming active. This would take some of the pressure off Paula A’Bear and Ian Ruddock who were the primary active referees in Kent.
  • He observed that it was a shame that no KCVA players had been involved with the County squads last season.
  • He also advised that he and Steve Wanstall would no longer be coaching with the South East squads next season, but that there were some strong candidates ready to take over, from the other SEVA counties.
  • FW reminded the meeting that he has his own Facebook page (Volleyball Coaching - Frank Wellings) which he encouraged people to use/share posts. He would be happy to add content if anyone had something they considered worth sharing.
  • It was pleasing to note that there was some good development work going on in the Medway towns, with some satellite clubs being active (led by Amanda Haggerty and supported by Ian Ruddock).

 

Referees Representative’s Report

Michelle Piscina advised that she had not been very active within KCVA in the last year due to family commitments and coaching (gymnastics).

  • IR/MP had circulated a note seeking interest in attending a scorer’s workshop, but there had been no responses from clubs.
  • A suggestion was made from the floor that some thought could be given to creating a video clip (which could be uploaded to YouTube?) and it was agreed we would look into this. It could also form a basis for a Q&A within the post thread.
  • A suggestion was also made that maybe electronic versions of the scoresheet could be used in Kent (there is an e-score app available). However, this gives a problem with referees’ and captains’ sign-off unless the output can be printed locally.
  • Equally, the underlying principle is that people need to know how to complete a scoresheet correctly and just adopting an e-version will not automatically give them the knowledge to do that?

 

Secretary’s Report

IR advised that he had a number of points to address at this AGM and would leave his usual reminders to the end.

1.  The minutes of last year’s AGM recorded his frustrations across a variety of issues, all of which made it increasingly difficult and/or time-consuming to run the league efficiently or effectively.

  • Whilst there had still been some thorny issues to deal with during the season, there had been signs of improvement as the season went on.
  • By way of example, IR commented that he had taken time to give feedback on scoresheets as they were submitted. This included being very nit-picky on some comparatively minor issues (deliberately so, to encourage ‘95%’ to get to ‘100%’), but it was noticeable that the quality of completion did improve as the season progressed and as clubs took on board the feedback.
  • One or 2 scoresheets were a bit blurred as they came through and IR asked secretaries to remember to check the photo they had taken before sending through to GG/IR. If they can’t read it, it is highly unlikely that GG/IR would be able to, either. But overall, there had been improvements.
  • IR also reminded clubs that he had produced a checklist following last season’s AGM listing the points clubs and referees needed to remember when signing off scoresheets. He would re-issue them with fixtures schedules for next season for teams to use.

2.  Registrations

  • IR commented that teams all needed to get better at managing player registrations.
  • By this he meant both the procedure for temporary/emergency registrations, as well as taking along team rosters and individual player registration cards to matches.
  • Teams must remember that any player NOT on a team roster cannot take part in a match, if the club has not requested a temporary/emergency registration for that player. And sending an email to the registrations secretary while the teams were warming up would not be considered adequate!
  • IR commented that where a club had requested a temporary/emergency registration prior to the match, but where they had not yet received a response from the registrations secretary, then they should take a copy of the email request to the match as evidence of the request. The intention is not to deny the player the chance to play, just because a response is awaited from the League.
  • KCVA Rule 4(c) requires that a photo of a player playing under a temporary registration must be submitted within a week of the match taking place (if not already provided to the registrations secretary with the initial request). However, the rule was written back in the days before virtually everyone had a mobile phone with a decent camera in it. In reality, the photo should be taken before the match and sent to the registrations secretary the same day.

3.  Registrations for 2017-18

  • IR advised that the pre-season registrations process would be managed in a different way next season.
  • Clubs were still invited to send through their Registration lists to Graham (separate sheet for each team) ahead of the season starting.
  • Rosters for each team will be produced at least a week before the first fixture round.
  • Historically, some teams have been slow to send in team sheets at the start of the season, effectively creating a ‘window’ where they could play unregistered players (whether by design or by accident).
  • Any team not having submitted their registration forms before the season starts will be provided with a list of players registered at the end of last season. Any players not on that list will be ineligible to play in matches until they have been through the registrations process via GG.
  • IR will be checking validity of players’ registrations from round 1 of the fixture schedules.
  • A suggestion was made that registrations could be put online (similar to NVL) but IR responded that he had not tried out this element of the website database software (which was a bit clunky just for fixtures/results). The roster + player card system is very simple to follow and there is no reason why it should not work effectively.
  • Clubs must also remember that the Foundation League does not require players to be registered. But if they wish to play for one of a club’s primary teams, they must be registered for that team before they are eligible. This includes juniors.

4.  Fixtures 2016-17

  • IR reported that it had been a challenge trying to draw up the fixtures schedule last season as at least one of the NVL teams had a fixture/potential fixture (including KO Cup) every weekend of the season.
  • There are many factors which he had to try to take into account when drawing up the schedule and the process takes up to 5 days overall:
    • Accommodate teams’ wishes to have home fixtures synchronised / opposite.
    • Try to build in home matches for the Tonbridge teams to coincide with the dates they have booked for their hall at weekends.
    • Avoid possible NVL clashes, while at the same time trying to identify ad hoc opportunities to squeeze in home matches for one or other of the Dartford teams on the same afternoon as perhaps their ladies have an NVL single home match.
    • Double-check all the above to ensure a best-fit.
    • Produce the schedules and send them to all clubs/teams.
    • Process the schedules into the Website software (not a straightforward task).
    • The reality is that he only gets one go at it as he has no desire to start all over again (!
  • IR considered that the 2-pool / 2-phase format had worked quite well last season. IR was aware that each Prem team did not necessarily get to play all the others (unless they were drawn against those ‘missing’ teams in the Cup competitions). But there was little else which would have worked:
    • The previous season had seen over 10% of the Prem fixtures not completed, with only 8 teams. For 2016-17, 9 teams had entered the Prem division.
    • Clashes with the NVL programme were always going to be more challenging, with 4 teams taking part in the NVL (compared with only 2 the previous season).
  • Clubs needed to make sure they kept on top of their schedules – it was not the first time IR had needed to remind people on this point:
    • By the end of week 6 (late November) only 8 of the scheduled 15 Prem matches had been played.
    • With a hard deadline of mid-January for completion of phase 1 that made it a bit of a challenge to catch up. One team played all 3 of their Phase 1 home matches in the last week of Phase 1.
    • IR encouraged club/team fixtures secretaries to plan fixtures 2-3 months in advance. It works.

5.  Referees Course

IR wished to record his thanks to those who took part in the Grade 4 Ref’s course at Maidstone in June, and to offer his congratulations to those who were successful.

  • IR asked club secretaries to let him have the names of their club members who passed.
  • He hoped that these people would be looking to gain experience in refereeing KCVA matches in the coming season, as part of their progress towards Grade 3R status.
  • Paula A’Bear advised that this was a relatively straightforward process – once a candidate felt they were ready for an assessment, one of VE’s assessors would come along to observe them refereeing a match. If the assessor judged that they were able to demonstrate effective control of a match, that would lead to an upgrade to 3R.
  • IR and PA’B had already indicated a willingness to go along to as many matches as they could realistically make, to offer support to newly-qualified refs as they gained experience.
    • That could be by way of taking a 2nd ref role at matches the newbies are refereeing, or simply being present to provide feedback and support at the end of a match.
    • IR commented that Charlie Orton had implemented such a system in London many years ago and it had proved popular and effective with developing referees. In particular, Charlie made sure that team captains were not allowed to give their opinions and advice to the referees, post-match!
  • The suggestion was made that a Facebook Group could be created, for KCVA club secretaries to post requests for assistance for matches, so developing referees would see opportunities to gain experience. IR agreed to set one up.
    • The meeting stopped short of recommending a tariff for matches, but certainly it would be expected that referees received at least their travel expenses for refereeing another club’s home match (plus perhaps a drink for their time).
    • Clubs should also, where possible, look to set up reciprocal arrangements between themselves.
  • The meeting also questioned what benefit there would be for referees renewing their registration with Volleyball England after the initial free 1-year period, as it was an expense some might not recover.
    • It is important to note that registered referees receive regular updates on rule changes direct from VE.
    • They also have access to the Volleyball England Referees Facebook group (a closed group) which dispenses all manner of wisdom on issues which come up across the NVL and county leagues.
    • The meeting felt that clubs should agree to cover the cost of their referees’ VE registration (currently £38), at least where they were not receiving fees from refereeing NVL matches, for example.

6.  Missing results

IR reported that he had needed to spend too much time last season chasing missing results.

  • KCVA rules require that a team must advise the KCVA secretary if for any reason a match does not get played in the scheduled fixture week.
  • If neither team advises (within the required timescales) why a match did not proceed, the fixture runs the risk of being declared null and void.
  • IR repeated past requests to ensure completed scoresheets are emailed through to IR & GG as quickly as possible. It ought to be easy to take a decent quality photo of the scoresheet and email it to them (certainly with today’s smartphones having good quality cameras). Don’t just chuck it in your kitbag and forget about it.

7.  SEVA

IR referred to the note he had posted on Facebook following the SEVA tournament in May.

  • Whilst the Kent teams gave a decent account of themselves, it’s clear that the overall standard of play at the tournament continues to improve year-on-year.
  • KCVA has some work to do to catch up with our SEVA counterparts.
  • But IR thanked to all our teams for taking part and hoped that we might see KCVA move on a step or 2, next year.

8.  IR offered the usual reminders ahead of the coming season:

  • Start collecting photos now (for new players), and send them to Graham Goodwin a.s.a.p. so that he can make a start on them for next season.
  • We need details of the teams who will participate in next season’s competitions so that IR can build the fixture programme.
  • Renewal of VE affiliation is due from 1st August 2017. Secretaries to provide IR with a copy of their renewal confirmation from VE.
    • Club officials should also be aware that non-affiliation means a club has no Public Liability Insurance. This is not a position any club official should remotely take a risk on.
  • IR commented that other SEVA counties impose harsh penalties for non-affiliation:IR requested that Dartford and Maidstone provide copies of their NVL fixtures schedules as soon as these are confirmed, so he can work the KCVA schedule around them as much as possible.
    • Surrey: clubs forfeit their £100 goodwill deposit if affiliation is not completed by 1st November. If still not completed by 1st December, Surrey rules provide for that club to be removed from the league and forfeit all matches/entry fees paid/financial deposits.
  • IR requested that Dartford and Maidstone provide copies of their NVL fixtures schedules as soon as these are confirmed, so he can work the KCVA schedule around them as much as possible.

9.  IR wished to record his thanks to all who took part and/or gave their time on Finals Day, especially Paula A’Bear & Chris Searle who helped made up the refereeing corps alongside himself. Also to Michelle Piscina who scored the first 2 matches despite being very heavily pregnant.

  • We probably had our closest ladies’ final for several years, with Tonbridge running out winners against Dartford, despite going 2 sets down.
  • Congratulations also to Maidstone Blue who were victorious over Strood in the Stan Hastie Cup Final with an impressive display, and to Dartford-1 who defeated Rainham-1 in the Plate Final.

 

Proposed Rule Changes for 2017-18

IR had previously circulated details of the Rule changes proposed for consideration by the AGM.

Rule 4 – the proposed changes sought to clarify some points of wording, plus a change to the penalties and fines for non-compliance.

4 (a) – a minor tweak to clarify the requirement for a team to register their players each season. Having a player who was registered for your team 3 years ago would not mean they are automatically eligible for the current season if they suddenly came back to your club out of the blue. They have to be listed on the current Team Roster to be considered to be registered for that team.

4 (c) – clarifies beyond doubt that a temporary registration number must be requested IN ADVANCE of a match, not after it.

Fines and Penalties – Rule 4. The proposed amended wording reflects the absence of options available to the committee, with the only penalty available being forfeit of the match, which is a bit of a blunt instrument (first offence / mitigating circumstances etc.). The proposed amendment would allow the committee some scope to make the penalty fit the rule breach.

The amendments drawn up by IR were proposed by Stuart Duffin and seconded by Lewis Howel. The proposal was approved by unanimous vote.

Rule 7(c) & (d) – IR explained the background to this proposal.

  • For many years KCVA has been trying to encourage teams to use qualified officials in our top divisions, but without success. This had to change and it had been deemed necessary to resort to a ‘press-ganging’ approach.
  • Penalties for not providing qualified refs were removed from KCVA rules many years ago, when virtually every club would have received a penalty at every home match for not doing so.
  • Rather than reintroduce points deduction or financial penalties for not providing qualified refs, IR had looked for an option which would introduce a modest incentive scheme for clubs who meet the requirements of Rule 7 (c) & (d).
  • It is interesting to note that other SEVA counties have some fairly heavy penalties incorporated within their Rules:
    • Berkshire - £10 for failure to provide 5 match officials (each occasion) plus deduction of league points (quantum not specified)
    • Portsmouth - £10 plus 1 league point deduction (and they only receive 2 points for a win) (BUT – back in 2011 and the rules may be out-of-date as they include loss of rally for a Yellow Card)
    • Surrey – 1 league point deducted for not providing a qualified ref. Same deduction for not providing a scorer. Teams receive 3 points for a win
    • Sussex – 1 league point deducted for not providing a qualified ref. Also for not providing a scorer. Effective ½ point deduction for no second ref.
    • Penalties are not limited to these infringements alone – IR encouraged members to visit the respective county sites to view the complete lists, which were quite exhaustive.
  • IR had tried to put together a proposal which would reward clubs for providing a full set of officials, but without it having too great an impact i.e. it would not catapult the bottom-placed team into first place just because they had complied with the requirements for all their home matches.
    • It will take 2 ½ matches of full compliance to earn 1 additional league point.
    • If we have 2 separate pool phases, as before, IR suggested that we re-set the clock after Phase 1 as otherwise a team could carry an advantage into Phase 2 simply for being out of cycle with other teams and give them a head start. This would not be the intention.
    • IR did not guarantee that the proposal is perfect, but felt it was worthy of implementation from the start of the 2017-18 season.

Comments from the floor included:

  • JB observed that if a team had 10 home matches throughout the season, they could earn a maximum of 4 bonus league points for full compliance.
  • Mark Salmon expressed his reservations that the proposal could be disadvantageous to smaller clubs.
    • IR acknowledged the point but suggested that even our smaller clubs have at least 2 teams, so there should be players not playing who should be available to support the playing team. It was an incentive to develop mutual support between teams in the same club.
    • IR also acknowledged that there would be occasions where one team might be at home and the other away, so the cross-support would be lost on those occasions.
    • But even a small a club should still be able to earn themselves some modest bonus points across the course of a season, which would narrow the ‘gap’ to a club/team which achieved maximum bonus points.
    • The new qualified referee pool within KCVA should also help smaller (all) clubs to meet the requirements.

The proposal was proposed by Ian Ruddock and seconded by Lewis Howel. There were 14 votes in favour and 2 against. The proposal was approved by majority vote.

The acceptance of the proposal meant that KCVA Rule 7/9/Appendix would need to be amended and JB advised the meeting that a modification would be made to reflect the agreement to the proposal.

Rule 10 – Leah Thomas had submitted a proposal that ladies should not be permitted to play in the Mens divisions of the Kent Leagues, except under certain circumstances.

  • LT felt that this led to men players being denied opportunities to play in matches where a lady player was taking their place on court (including where the lady might be playing as a libero) and risked those men players leaving the club due to a lack of court time.
  • LT felt that it did not promote the development of men players as their court time was being restricted.
  • LT also proposed that clubs had a responsibility to develop their male players so that they did not need to use lady players in the Mens division.

Comments from the floor included:

  • If lady players were only to be allowed to play if there were insufficient male players, this could hypothetically encourage coaches to not select male players in a match day squad. This would mean that they would get zero court time instead of (potentially) limited court time.
  • Martin Restorick observed there had been times at Rainham when a male player was having a poor game and he wanted to make a substitution for tactical reasons. With limited resources available to him by way of player numbers/substitutes this would limit his opportunity to give the player a rest and gather their thoughts.
  • Steve Wanstall observed that he wanted to be able to field his strongest team at times of need. There had been occasions where Strood had used a lady player, playing middle hitter, when a potential male replacement was a setter of average height. So that would just end up playing that male player out of position and add no value to the team (nor have any positive impact on that player’s enjoyment of the game).
  • IR commented that any attempt to identify exceptions when a lady player could be allowed to play would be extremely difficult to police. The proposal either had to be ‘Yes’ or ‘No’. ‘Subject to’ was impractical.
  • Jody Specht observed that the principle behind the proposal would be appropriate at Regional level, but the reality was that at a local level it would actually hinder the team and coach choices.
  • IR commented that until such time as we had a queue of teams battering down the doors of our AGM demanding to be admitted to the Kent leagues, we needed to accept that clubs would use all their playing resources to their best advantage.
  • IR also advised that Berkshire, Surrey, Sussex and Portsmouth Associations all permitted ladies to play in the Mens divisions. He had not researched any other county associations outside SEVA.

The proposal was proposed by Leah Thomas and seconded by Alice Marcu. There were 2 votes in favour, 2 abstentions and 12 votes against. The proposal was not accepted.

 

Format for 2017-18

  • Format: this had been discussed earlier in the evening and it had been agreed that a format would be drawn up once the full list of entries was known.
    • Martin Restorick had submitted a proposal to introduce a new division, positioned between the Premier Division and the Foundation League.
    • The meeting discussed the relative merits of the new division and it was agreed that this would be made available, subject to sufficient interest.
    • If there were to be no Division 1, the format would most likely be a repeat of last season, with teams split into 2 pools across 2 phases.
    • IR agreed to circulate a note seeking confirmation of choices.
    • It was also agreed that we would invite the university teams to take part in the Cup competition (although a potential Finals Day in late May could be difficult for them?
  • Fees: It had been suggested earlier in the evening that entry fees should increase by £5 per team and this was accepted by the meeting, making Premier division £45 per team and Ladies division £40 per team.

It was further agreed that Division 1 entry fees (assuming there was sufficient interest to make the division viable) would be set at £40. Any club entering a Premier division team would be entitled to one Division 1 team free of charge.

 

Election of Officers

  • The current members of the Committee were willing to stand for re-election in their current posts.
  • A motion was made that this be completed en bloc (proposed: Stuart Duffin, seconded: Mark Salmon).

The motion was carried by unanimous vote.

IR declared that there was a vacancy for a Coaches Representative following Luke Thomas standing down during the season.

  • Frank Wellings enquired what the role description entailed. IR responded that this was to support existing coaches, help them develop and try to encourage new coaches.
  • FW put himself forward to take the role of Coaches Rep and this was accepted by the meeting.

 

Any Other Business

  • There was no report available from the Coaching rep for the 2016-17 season.
  • IR reminded the meeting that he had circulated a Code of Conduct for the Foundation League, with the AGM papers. He would add this to the Governance section on the KCVA website in due course.
  • The suggestion was made that we should find some way to mark the Association’s 40th Year at the end of next season. The meeting agreed that some recognition of 40 years would be appropriate. Suggestions welcome.
    • Footnote: subsequent investigation has revealed that whilst next year’s AGM will be the current Association’s 40th, it will actually only be the 39th ‘birthday’. The first AGM was held on 29 May 1979 at which the first officers of the Association were appointed. So a 40th ‘birthday’ would not occur until 29 May 2019.

 

There being no other business, the meeting closed at 10:43 p.m.

 

Ian Ruddock

Secretary

24 July 2017

Notice Board

Minutes from the SEVA AGM held on 14th August have been added to the site - please see Minutes and Action Points tab.

Draft minutes from the AGM held on 20th July 2017 have been added to the site - please see Minutes and Action Points tab

Updated Rules have been added, following changes agreed at the AGM – please see Governance tab

Diary Dates:

  • AGM to be held at The Spitfire, King's Hill on Thursday 20th July from 20:00. Details have been sent to all club and team secretaries.

Cup Draw now showing on website - see KO Cups sub menu. Finals Day is confirmed for Sunday 21st May, from 11:00

Diary Dates:

  • Cup competitions to be played during April 2017. Draw to be announced by 11th Feb. Finals Day provisionally Sunday 21st May.
  • SEVA Championships 13th and 14th May, 2017. More details when known.

Premier Division Phase 2 schedule now on the website - see Competitions tab for details and results as they come in.

Coaching survey launched. Please see news tab for details. Your club secretary will have access to the link.

Fixtures for 2016-17 have now been released. See Competitions tab, 2016-17 Fixtures Message sub-menu for details.

Gallery

BBC Front Page

Photo Gallery