Awards & Recognition
The NSW Touch Association (NSWTA) Blues Awards recognise outsanding service by volunteers in the sport of Touch Football.
The continued success of the Manly Touch representative program was recognised at the 2017 NSWTA Blues Awards when they were presented with the following awards:
- Affiliate of Year for 2016/17 Manly Warringah Touch Association
- NSWTA Coach of the Year Barry Gibson – Winner
- Junior Female Player of the Year Pihuka Duff – Winner (Brittney Clifford – Finalist)
- Female Open Player of the Year Dani Davis – Winner (Laura Peattie – Finalist)
- NSWTA Team of the Year Manly Sea Eagles Women’s Premier League
Other members from Manly Touch were also recognised for their contributions to the sport of Touch Football at the 2017 NSWTA Blues Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year (Rod Wise Medal) Graham Knights – Winner
- President of the Year Graham Knights – Winner
- Volunteer Blues Award Recipient Ian Kalms and Stuart Geros
- Referee Director of the Year Caren Friend – Finalist
Our President, Graham Knights, was also presented with the prestigious Touch Football Australia (TFA) Volunteer of the Year Award. This award acknowledges Graham’s work as a volunteer and his tireless efforts and contribution to the sport he loves. TFA acknowledged that Graham provides exceptional service, and has made a notable and measurable difference in to the sport; while demonstrating and epitomising the TFA organisational values.