MWTA Referee Payment Policy
MWTA Referee Payment Policy – Monday night Competition:
1. Each team supplies $10 ($10 for Seniors and $5 for Juniors) each at the start of a game to the referee, the game does not commence until the referee has all of the money.
2. If a team fails to pay the referee, they supply the referee for that game. (The Referee is to hand the non paying team the card). If that team refuses to referee they forfeit. If both teams refuse to referee the game is abandoned. In the incidence where Teams purposely use their own referee to gain an advantage, a by law will be implemented whereby (by law rule #) that a referee cannot referee his/her own team. This will be monitored by the Competition Manager and Referee Director.
3. Graded referees (receiving a payment higher than $20) will have their payment topped up by the Association at the conclusion of the Competition. ie: a level 6 would receive $20 paid on the night with a further $10 per game paid by the Association at the conclusion of the Competition.
4. If there is more than one referee, allocated by the Competitions Manager or Referee Director to a game on the night, they divide the $20 cash ($10 each) and have the rest topped up by the association at the conclusion of the Competition. eg: two level 6 referees, worth $30 each, $10 each paid on the night, and $20 each topped up by the Association at the conclusion of the Competition for this game.
5. For Semi Finals and Grand Finals, the Association pays all referees; NO payment is made by teams. The Association appoints referees to these games.
6. All appointments for games will be authorised by the Competition Manager or the Referee Director. He/she will give preference to qualified, graded referees. He/she will also determine when and if buddies occur.
NOTE 1: If teams are worried about the cost and don't want to pay for a referee, they can referee their own game.
NOTE 2: If there are insufficient graded referees available on competition night, teams will be asked to provide a “duty” referee. It is recommended that all teams ensure they organise for at least 1 or 2 of their players to attain their Level 1 Referee Certificate accreditation. Please contact our Referee Director Caren Friend to register your interest and find out the date of our next Level 1 Referee Course – firstname.lastname@example.org