GET IN THE GAME
AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors are on the lookout for umpires to join our team in season 2018.
If you love footy, you’ll love being an umpire. Not only do you get the best view of the action, you also get paid for the privilege. It helps keep you fit, you get to be part of a team and you can learn leadership skills that you can take with you when you walk off the ground. They call it a job, but really, it might just be the most fun you can have at work.
There are two options for a new umpire to come on board - either becoming a club apppointed umpire, or a league appointed umpire.
CLUB APPOINTED UMPIRES
Club Appointed Umpires are used for U8, U10 matches across the Sunshine Coast. The features of becoming a club umpire are:
- Officiate in U8 and U10 matches
- Appointed to matches by your local club
- Registration cost covered by your club
- Uniform provided by your club
- Training provided twice a year by AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors
- Option to train with AFLSCJ League Umpires if desired
- Minimum age is 12 years old. Male or female.
- Once you have qualified age wise you can progress to the League Appointed Umpire Group
AFLSCJ LEAGUE APPOINTED UMPIRES
AFLSCJ League Appointed Umpires are utilised for U12 - U17 male and female matches on the Sunshine Coast. The features of becoming a league umpire are:
- Appointed to matches by AFL Sunshine Coast Juniors
- Free uniform and registration upon starting
- Earn minimum $25 per game
- Training provided weekly
- Attendance at training only compulsory around once every 4-5 weeks
- Able to balance football and umpiring committments
- Access to specialised coaches who can help develop your umpiring
- All brand new umpires have access to one on one mentoring
- Access to the AFL Queensland Talented Umpire Pathway, including the AFLQ State Umpire Academy.
- Minimum age is 13 years old, turning 14 in the same calendar year. Male or female.
If you are interested in umpiring in 2018, please contact Dean Wicks at Dean.Wicks@afl.com.au.