Hoops Academy Overview
The Hoops After School Academies offers children a fun introduction and advancement pathway to developing the skills to play basketball.
Hoops Academies often have NBL and WBC players coaching the classes, offering a rare opportunity for young players to learn from the current stars of our Men's and Women's teams.
Many of our top age group players have started their skill development at the Hoops Academy and have gone on to represent NZ at international level. Others have played in the USA on College Scholarships or in the NBL or WBC. This is the pathway to the top so enrol now at your nearest Hoops Academy stadium.
Jam - Slam Programme
- Junior Jammers for 5-6 year olds featuring smaller basketballs and lower hoops
- Jammers for 7-8 year olds again featuring smaller basketballs and lower hoops
- Slammers for 9-13 year olds is a beginners class designed to ready children to play in a team
Hoops Training Squads
- Level One 9-13 years for players who have played in a team or graduated from the Slammers programme
- Level Two 9-14 years for players with some playing experience and a desire to advance their skill level (YMCA only)
- Level Three 12-16 years for players at a development league level (YMCA only)
- Level Four 14-18 years for players at a representative level (YMCA only)
- Level Elite Invited top players from the previous years CBA representative teams U15, U17 years (YMCA only)
- Cowles Stadium (Mondays) - via the CBA click here or email lori@canterburybasketball..co.nz for more info
- Pioneer Stadium (Tuesdays) - via the CBA click here or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- Gators Club (Wednesdays) - click here or email email@example.com for more info
- Bishopdale YMCA (Mondays and Wednesdays) - Wendy - phone 359 8320
- Rolleston Community Centre (Fridays) - office phone 347 2882
- Lincoln Event Centre (Fridays) - office phone 347 2726