Mountain District Netball Association (MDNA) currently plays competitive club netball for children and ladies on Saturday morning and afternoon at the Knox Regional Netball Centre.
The Saturday netball competitions are played by local netball clubs on full-size indoor and outdoor netball courts and clubs provide badged netball umpires for all netball matches.
There are two seasons of netball run each year. No games are usually played on public holidays or school holidays, but this can change so please make sure you check the MDNA website for fixtures.
- Winter season starts Feb/March and plays 14-18 rounds
- Finals are played over 3 weeks starting in late July and August.
- Netball games are played for 60 minutes (4 quarters x 15 minutes).
- Games may be played between 8.30am and 4.30pm each week.
- Spring season starts around early September and plays 8-10 rounds
- One week of finals are played in mid December.
- Netball games are played for 40 minutes (4 quarters x 10 minutes).
- Games may be played between 8.30am and 2.00pm each week.
A list of all clubs who play netball at the Knox Regional Netball Centre on Saturday is in the downloads section of this website or alternatively contact Mountain District Netball Assocaition http://mountaindna.vic.netball.com.au/.
Netball clubs often have team tryouts in late January and throughout February to select players for different grades and age groups. Netball clubs are able to submit teams in age groups from 11 & Under, 13 & Under, 15 & Under, 17 & Under, A-Grade (Premier), A-Reserve or Open sections. Each age group will usually have several sections from high, medium and low - depending on the number of teams entered. Grading matches are held for the first few weeks of a new season and full fixtures will be available once grading is completed by the grading committee.
All players are required to have Netball Victoria membership prior to playing. This membership is usually included in a netball club's own membership fee but check with your club.
For more information about the Saturday club netball competitions, please visit the MDNA website at http://mountaindna.vic.netball.com.au/ or call the Supervisors Office between 8.30am and 4.30pm on 03 9753 6404 when competition is being played.