WOMEN AND GIRLS COMPETITIONS CLOSER TO REALITY
After the Information session held last Wednesday, 2 December, the competitions, depending on number of teams in each age group, will probably take the following form:
1. Age Groups will be: Juniors 13-14yrs / Intermediate 15-16yrs / Seniors 17+
2. Will be a tackle competition
3. All players must be registered for insurance purposes
4. All players must be registered through a local junior / senior club depending on age - this is so all coaches and players etc are covered by all Country Rugby League insurances such as public liability
5. All players must complete one accredited course such as coaching, refereeing, water runner or first aid officer etc - this initial course will be funded by the ARL Development
6. At this stage it is likely that the competitions will be played on a Wednesday afternoon at a central ground for the first year only. There is also an idea that we can hold skills training for ½ hour before game time to reinforce a basic skill of the game. The competitions will move to the weekends to become part of the normal match day experience with the junior and/or senior leagues.
7. 13-16 years games will follow the following rules:
11 per side
2 x 15 minute halves
all goal kicks from in front of goal posts
5 forwards in a depowered scrum (no lock)
safe play code adopted
adjustment of the field size is an option
all other international rules of the game
Generally international rugby league rules apply
some safe play code rules can be adopted
8. Insurance costs are (this is only for the Country Rugby League an does not include any club specific fees:
Under 16 $25.00
17-18 years $60.00
These fees are the same as the boys.
9. Competitions will run 10 weeks and start after Easter (probably 14 April)
10. A pre-season camp is planned for the weekend of 16/17 January at the Steelers club to get some basic skills going for the players and any support coaches and managers need.
11. If you have a group of girls but don’t have enough for a team still get your names in and we can help. The same with aligning you with a club or finding a coach, who does not have to be female.
Not only is this initiative to open a recreational game for the girls to compete against each other but there is also a pathway to play for NSW and Australia in those particular representative squads.
For more information either register your details per the attached information sheet or contact Leann Andrews - 0412 727 682 or email@example.com