The official 2017-2018 Season is now finished.
Details about the summer 2018-2019 season will be posted in the next few months.
Winter training sessions start during May 2018 – see below for more information.
Our Senior’s lifesaving program is all about having fun whilst developing lifesaving, fitness, social and competition skills of our members. Seniors are welcome to be involved as much as they like in training and club events and it all about coming together as a team and having fun.
All eligible club members are welcome!
The Mount Martha Seniors' Program aims to bring age-appropriate members together for the purpose of learning life saving skills; preparing for L.S.V. competitions and socialisation. The club will strive to provide the highest level of instructors, coaches and programs so that maximum benefit is given to all participants. This will be delivered within a culture that emphasises trust, respect, hard work and fun.
- Mondays from 6.am – 7.am dry land training/gym training starting from Monday 7 May 2018. Please ensure you bring your runners for this training which will include a warm-up, circuit training and body weights. These sessions will be run by the Seniors Coach (Shane) and the Head Coach (Troy).
- Wednesdays is Pilates training with Vanessa at the clubhouse from 6.30pm-7.30pm – All club members over 14 years are welcome. Sessions start from Wednesday 2 May 2018.
- Thursdays from 4.30pm -5.30pm (dusk) will be Ski / Board training starting from Thursday 24 May 2018. All Seniors will need a 3mm wetsuit, booties and gloves for this training. Focus will be on endurance training and will be a mixture of board and ski training.
- After the July 2018 school holidays, the winter training sessions will increase to 3 times a week with a training session on Tuesday afternoons specifically for board or ski training – more details will be placed on Facebook about this in July. This will mean training will be available Monday mornings, Tuesday and Thursday afternoons.
Updates on all Winter training sessions will be placed on the Seniors Facebook page so please check these each week.
- The Coaches are looking at running some surf sessions starting the end of August / early September 2018 pending on the weather and most of the Seniors have finished their other winter sport commitments. Information will be sent out by Troy 2 to 3 days prior pending on confirmation of good surfing conditions via Facebook.
Seniors will have the opportunity to have coaching for general fitness and lifesaving skills as well as for life saving carnivals. Please speak with Troy or Shane (coaches) to let them know areas you are interested in developing.
Winter training is a great opportunity to build up your strength and endurance.
SOCIAL & FUNDRAISING NIGHTS:
These will be up and running again with the new 2018 to 2019 season.
Suggestions welcome for any ideas you have for social events!
Facebook: Join the MMLSC Seniors Facebook page to get the latest training news, photos and updates.
SMS/Email: Keep your contact details on your (SLSA) Lifesaving Online Account up to date. www.lifesavingonline.com.au/SLSA_Online
Seniors MMLSC club hoodies and tracksuit pants are now available for $25 from the merchandise coordinator at the club.
Opportunities are available for mentoring and coaching our Nippers during the 2018-2019 Nipper Season. This is a great opportunity to work with our young nippers and develop their skills in a fun way. If you are available on Friday nights we would appreciate your help with our Nippers coaching or through water safety. More details to follow closer to the season
Coaching Team: Shane Dawson and Troy Cochrane
Club Captain: Jon Myers - firstname.lastname@example.org – 0419 411 126
Team Manager & Carnival Registrations: Grant Gibbs– email@example.com – 0408 240 051
Female Vice Club Captain – TBC during November 2018
Male Vice Club Captain – TBC during November 2018