FINAL* iSail Lidgett Trophy Sat 18 & Sun 19 February 2017
- 1. Entries: Entries are invited in iSail Lidgett Trophy from Optimist, Minnow and Sabot sailors in accordance with the Notice of Race.
- Junior coaching regatta focussed on participation, inspiration, fun & friendship.
- The event provides on- & off-water coaching & racing for junior “Advanced”, “Intermediate” & “Novice Blue" & "Novice Green” sailors.
(It is not a beginners learn to sail program. If you are unsure if your child is likely to enjoy the event, its best to check with Sally Radnell prior to entering).
- Entry and lunch, dinner & t-shirt orders must be completed & paid on-line at http://www.dbyc.com.au/info-2017.html - simply follow the prompts.
- Entries are strictly limited - the event sells out very quickly, so be sure to enter promptly if you want to sail.
(if not sold out prior, early entries $65 close on Monday 6 February 2017, after which a $90 entry fee applies)
- Boats can be dropped at DBYC prior to the event - access times, details & low tide times listed in Notice of Race.
- 2. Coach Groups: When entering you will be asked to nominate one of the following coaching levels:
- Advanced: sailor is focussed on racing and can handle tougher weather conditions.
- Intermediate: sailor is comfortable in most conditions and is keen to improve general racing.
- Novice Blue: sailor can sail to windward comfortably & complete a course.
- Novice Green: sailor can sail, but may not yet be able to complete a true windward course.
- 3. Coaches & Power Boats: Event runs thanks to voluntary support of clubs, classes, coaches & parents:
- Coaching - if you or your club / class are able to volunteer, please call or email Jeni Danks 0419 112 100 email@example.com
- Power boat(s) - if you or your club / class are able to provide a power boat, please email Peter Danks firstname.lastname@example.org, including your boat’s details (type, length, engine size, whether it has a radio). Power boats must be registered and drivers must have a power boat license. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
- 4. Sponsors: DBYC and the Lidgett Trophy is fortunate to receive valued support from Club Marine, Toorak College, Ozi-Opti, Bendigo Bank, Ronstan and Ted’s Camera’s. We are sure these businesses would appreciate your support over the coming months.
Join us to celebrate the 18th and final iSail Lidgett Trophy
Davey’s Bay is extremely proud to have developed and hosted the event for 18 years and sincerely thanks the hundreds of members, coaches, friends and fellow sailors who have given so kindly every year to stage the event … in doing so inspiring thousands of young sailors from across the state. The event has been a truly co-operative effort with the class associations and so many clubs from across the state having embraced and actively assisted in the staging of the event. Thank you.
DBYC has been very honoured to build the event from an idea to Australia’s largest junior coaching event, however it is a significant undertaking to stage every season and the club has decided it’s 18th birthday is the ideal final open entry iSail Lidgett Trophy. Davey’s Bay will continue to host the annual GirlSail, January 4-Day Coaching Clinic and schools sailing events and other events from time to time and will continue to develop its extensive program of sail training, racing and social activities for its members.