SDJFL Standards & Values
PEOPLE – PARTICIPATION – PLAY
Our standards represent what our League stands for. They underpin everything we do.
- We set out to play for fun and enjoyment from the game
- For family involvement and a pathway for all ages
- Based on our diverse community, we welcome all-comers
- Participation is giving everyone a go
- Respect for the game, for officials, and for the people that play
- Aim to provide a game that is even, level and safe
- Provide a safe environment, on grounds, with trainers, and even in age and size
- Inclusive, provide opportunity for all to play
- Progressive – moving forward in skills, development and competition
AFL Victoria is committed to promoting and protecting the safety and well-being of children and young people in our care. We seek to promote and protect the rights of all children in our care and prevent abuse from occurring by fostering a child safe culture. All Victorian Leagues, Clubs & Associations that provide football to children and young people will present environments and experiences that always consider and put measures in place to ensure the safety of children.