Club History

BRIEF CLUB HISTORY The Manjimup Motor Cycle Club was formed as the Warren Motor Cycle Club on September 22, 1949. Its first club run was held in October that year at Five Mile Well, an isolated area about five kilometres out of Manjimup on the right-hand side of Muir’s Highway. Club runs were also held at Yornup Forestry, Green’s Bridge, Mottram’s Bridge, Rooney’s Bridge, Palgarup Gravel Pits and Cosy Creek in the founding years. The MMCC has been a trendsetter on the national circuit and hosted its first premier event on September 5, 1971, with round two of the Australian International Motorcross Series. It brought world famous riders Jim Aird, Ivan Miller and Randy and Rowley Owen to Manjimup. The club went on to host State championships, Australian titles, the 1992 Motocross des Nations (an international team event held for the first time that year outside the northern hemisphere) and a 1993 round of the World Championship series 125cc Grand Prix.

more -->